ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:02 AM

Default Finally approved!

Finally approved to have a ALIF fusion L5-S1 and a pro disc-L at L5-L4 Cigna would not approve because multi-level work is "experimental" under their plan. What was I supposed to do make one better on my own? After 3 denials I went to a state level appeal (Wyoming). We have a state statue that says Ins. cannot deny coverage based on booklet if Dr says it is medically nessary and can be backed by peer reviews, medical literature. Surgry date finally set June 1 with DR Ken Pettine in Loveland, CO one of the inventors of the Maverick Disc replacement. Heard nothing but good things from his patients.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Exclamation

Wow, good work fighting the insurance company Bruce! And good luck next week. What are you doing to prepare for surgery?
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 06-08-2011, 11:58 AM

I did 7 weeks of pool core strengthening. one week out now belly incision feeling alot better. DR said surgry went perfect. Bottom level where they did the fusion compressed more then he thought so I can really feel the ligements streching out. Walking a little bit more limber now I was really in a gaurded position a few day before. Wife is taking really good care of me couldn't imagine doing this by yourself! Keeping back straitht with no rotation or bending is hardest part. glad I have a bed rail that slides under my mattress to help me get out of bed. Good day all!
Old 07-09-2011, 06:09 AM

It is great to hear you are doing well. I have read loads about Dr.P and the Maverick Disc. I am dealing with a re-herniated L4/L5 (had microdiscectomy in 09) and have only been offered fusion in my area. I am originally from CO and would love to hear your thoughts on this Dr. I also have the same health care provider..
I have not posted an intro yet, so I guess I better get busy....
Old 09-07-2011, 08:01 PM

Default Hybrid - Maverick(tm) and ALIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce71 View Post
I did 7 weeks of pool core strengthening. one week out now belly incision feeling alot better. DR said surgry went perfect. Bottom level where they did the fusion compressed more then he thought so I can really feel the ligements streching out. Walking a little bit more limber now I was really in a gaurded position a few day before. Wife is taking really good care of me couldn't imagine doing this by yourself! Keeping back straitht with no rotation or bending is hardest part. glad I have a bed rail that slides under my mattress to help me get out of bed. Good day all!
Good to read your words above on your preparation and the limited view to your results. Appreciated.
Best wishes for you and family, S-->