ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Julaine:
I would love to pay for surgery,except we have to pay a butt load of taxes. my daughter has a severe mental illness that we have to pay for her to be ina residential treatment facility that costs 80 grand a year. we must do this cause if we didnt social services would take her away from us due to i have two other children in my home, and they would say we are not protecting our chioldrenand take them all away, it was either get her help or put her in a foster care, we have insurance for her yet they will not pay for her to get treatment, i am sick of this country handing out money to illegals, getting top care, it is disgusting. i just met a girl the other day at my nail salon who told me she has medi-cal and blue cross just paid for her to have a 3 disc replacment through dr delamarter. so basically us hard working tax payers either ourselves or husbands pay for these people who dont stop having babies and live off the government and yet get top quality treatment. medical and dental, i have to pay extra for my children to get dental treatment. It is disgusting, yet we continue to let people in office that dont have our best interest in mind.
this country is going to hell in a hand basket.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:59 PM

The way they (the insurance companies) treat the mentally ill is very much the way Spineys are treated. It is a long, expensive, and often unresolvable endeavor. Both illnesses cost a lot of money, and often have dissappointing results. My brother was ill until he died at age 53. The insurance industry dumped him in the seventies. I was dumped by workman's compensation insurance, and long term disability because of the ERISA laws that hurt so many of us (we can't use long term disability if we purchased it through our company) . The book "Insult to Injury" by Ray Bourhis documents papers found that recorded the systematic way in which ill people with grave injuries are "gotten rid of" by the Insurance Industry. They all do it. "Insurance, Fraud and the Big Business of Bad Faith" is the ad on the cover.
We do need to come up with a way to fight back, spineless as we are. We can all agree on Oprah. Why not put together a film documenting what people go through when they get injured and send it out. She can use it or not?
Marilyn Michalak
3 Level ADR Stenum July '07
Still Waiting........

Quote:
Originally posted by Julaine:
I would love to pay for surgery,except we have to pay a butt load of taxes. my daughter has a severe mental illness that we have to pay for her to be ina residential treatment facility that costs 80 grand a year. we must do this cause if we didnt social services would take her away from us due to i have two other children in my home, and they would say we are not protecting our chioldrenand take them all away, it was either get her help or put her in a foster care, we have insurance for her yet they will not pay for her to get treatment, i am sick of this country handing out money to illegals, getting top care, it is disgusting. i just met a girl the other day at my nail salon who told me she has medi-cal and blue cross just paid for her to have a 3 disc replacment through dr delamarter. so basically us hard working tax payers either ourselves or husbands pay for these people who dont stop having babies and live off the government and yet get top quality treatment. medical and dental, i have to pay extra for my children to get dental treatment. It is disgusting, yet we continue to let people in office that dont have our best interest in mind.
this country is going to hell in a hand basket.
Closed Thread