ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 06-05-2005, 10:13 PM

The time is almost here. I'm getting geared up for my surgery on the 15th of June. The excitment is diminishing as the fear and anxiety kicks in. I have high faith that all will come out ok but still have that little voice in my head that says "what if". I will try and post as I go along. I am going to try to get my son to do my posting for me as I am in the hospital so that everyone knows my progress. I found a thread that people are posting to that gives the play by play and I hope to add my experience to that.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and support.

ADR June 15, 2005 WOOOO HOOOOO
Herrniated L5-S1, Tear in Annulus
Old 06-05-2005, 10:35 PM

WooYoo!!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
Kat
5/04 TBI/Dr Zigler recommends 1 level ADR
4/05 UHC denies Charite. Appealed-Denied again
6/05 Scheduled fusion 6/28
6/05 Fusion cnxl'd-
6/05 Fusion w/NS 7/26 at 7:30am
Old 06-05-2005, 10:45 PM

Nichole,
Congratulations on almost being there. I am assuming that since you're scheduled in 10 days that you've probably gotten the insurance approval or made the decision to go out of pocket. In any case, getting this far is an accomplishment. I hope to be in your place soon also. Try not to get too nervous. I know that's easier for me to say since I'm not in the countdown yet. I know that I will be nervous about the surgery also when the time approaches, but I also know that I am ready for it and that it is the best decision for me at this time. Don't listen to those nasty little voices. And when you do hear them, talk back to them. Counter with them about the good "what ifs" that might happen. Good luck with it! What thread are you planning to post to where people are posting the play by play? I'd like to read it. )
) )
Old 06-06-2005, 12:45 AM

Nichole,
You've got a great attitude! I'm so happy for you. We'll be looking forward to you progress reports.

Jim
Old 06-06-2005, 09:20 AM

Nichole

We'll be rooting for you. You deserve your own thread, though, as you go in for surgery!

Years of pain, discectomy, research into anatomy, hardware, clinical trials, facilities, surgeons, techniques, insurance. Attempts at ProDisc, Activ-L trials. Now, low bone density. D'oh!!!

At 61 years, no longer qualifying for trials due to my age (chronological, not physical or mental).

2009 - Working on improving bone density or getting rich so I can go to Germany, where medicine and insurance have gone beyond the Stone Age.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:50 PM

Nichole, my spiney sister. You know I am thinking of you. I missed this post last week, I must have been out picketing. Where in the world can two stangers meet six months ago (you're # 164 and I am # 165)here on ADRsupport, and be back to back days this week at the opposite ends of the country getting fixed? I know how bad you need this help and I know you are ready-ready-ready and everything will be just fine. I am holding back on the formal announcement of my procedure June 14th because Nationwide is trying to de-rail my surgery because I am paying cash and I told them the heck with them. My accounting is tomorrow and I am not all the way out of the buckero woods yet. Whhooo-Ah.
6-14-05 L4/5 & L5/S1 Prodisc Yale New Haven CT Dr. James Yue
Old 06-13-2005, 09:48 AM

Thanks Bill! Yes it is amazing how we are walking thru this together. My thoughts and prayers are with you as well. Tomorrow should be the day for you. I am going to check here several times throughout the day today to find out more info on your surgery. Let us know as soon a you do. You truly are amazing............good job!

ADR June 15, 2005 WOOOO HOOOOO
Herrniated L5-S1, Tear in Annulus
Old 06-13-2005, 02:55 PM

Nichole

3 days and counting relax and be at one with your new life my prayers are with you.

ADR-Support brother and sister just seconds, minute or days apart but yet so close, yet so fare but so much the same.

It�s going to be a big week around here. Keep us posted you 2.
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
http://prodisc2.blogspot.com/
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything
Old 06-14-2005, 08:45 AM

Tomorrow's the big day! Breathe deep, cross your fingers and toes and know that all our thoughts will be with you.

Years of pain, discectomy, research into anatomy, hardware, clinical trials, facilities, surgeons, techniques, insurance. Attempts at ProDisc, Activ-L trials. Now, low bone density. D'oh!!!

At 61 years, no longer qualifying for trials due to my age (chronological, not physical or mental).

2009 - Working on improving bone density or getting rich so I can go to Germany, where medicine and insurance have gone beyond the Stone Age.