ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:01 PM

I have wondered what the feeling feels like before ADR, now I know. And all the variables to get to this point, now just seem like stepping stones. I really do not think I would be having 2-level Pro-disc surgery tomorrow without all the knowledge everyone has shared here. Many thanks to Harrison and Mark. I will be arriving 0600 at Yale New Haven CT June 14, 2005. My loan did not arrive today and Nationwide did not step up. Sure was a lot of cash to scrape (cough) up. After all I have been through, I am grateful for the opportunity. And it has been wonderful to have been treated so nicely by Dr. Yue and Laura after all the years of medical abuse I went through. I met two (2) level Pro-disc and one (1) level Charite recipients today at Dr. Yues' office. And another soon to be ADR this week. You have to hear their stories and I told them all to log on and tell em. Bill
6-14-05 L4/5 & L5/S1 Prodisc Yale New Haven CT Dr. James Yue
Old 06-13-2005, 10:46 PM

Best of luck to you on your surgery tomorrow!
11/2000 IDET L 3/4, L4/5
1/2000 Discogram
numerous epidural injections
physical therapy
Old 06-13-2005, 11:51 PM

Bill,

Congratulations you have done an outstanding job at finding the best solution and making the best decision for your life and not taking �No� for an answer. You are an inspiration to us all. Sleep well tonight because life begins in the morning.

My prayers are flying high for you!
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
http://prodisc2.blogspot.com/
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything
Old 06-14-2005, 08:08 AM
Banned

Bill,
Best wishes for surgerical success~ Maria
Old 06-14-2005, 08:30 AM

Bill,
You'll be in my prayers. Congratulations on taking this huge step to recovery. Good Luck!
-Second MRI revealed L4-L5 bulged disc and DDD
-Discogram May 2005, confirmed L4-L5 as pain generator
Fusion L4-L5 Oct. 2005
SCS implanted July 2006
Old 06-14-2005, 08:43 AM

Just read your post and you're in the middle of surgery in the best hands available right now and we're rooting for you! Good luck!

Years of pain, discectomy, research into anatomy, hardware, clinical trials, facilities, surgeons, techniques, insurance. Attempts at ProDisc, Activ-L trials. Now, low bone density. D'oh!!!

At 61 years, no longer qualifying for trials due to my age (chronological, not physical or mental).

2009 - Working on improving bone density or getting rich so I can go to Germany, where medicine and insurance have gone beyond the Stone Age.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:23 AM

Bill,

As a 2 level Prodisc recipient, I can honestly say that I know what this feels like to be in similar shoes. (both physically and financially) It appears that you have done all the homework one could possibly do to know in your heart of hearts this is the right decision for you in your case.

It won't be long you will be on the other side of this and recovering! I'm looking forward to your posts on the otherside
Dr. Bertagnoli May 22, 2004 Rudolfinerhaus Vienna, Austria.
Currently DRUG FREE and living life again!
Knowledge is Power!!!
Old 06-15-2005, 04:57 AM

All the best Bill and a speedy recovery. I'll pray for you.
Hucky
Treated for whiplash, PT, Accupuncture, Massage symptoms predominatly on left hand side. No relief.
Aug 04 C6/7 ruptures. MRI shows no deteriorat
Old 06-16-2005, 07:27 PM

Wham bam two baby pros. I have been home for hours. I got an "interdural"(?) before procedure and I did not hit the PCA for 18 hrs. and then only 4X. It has been hard to realize this all happened so fast. I was a 4 1/2 procedure. The general pain is about a 3 but coming from two sides so it is more like a 4 or so. Dr. said it went well. I don't know what to think about the disc pain just yet, as I think there is so much more going on. However I did not require a pillow between my legs to sleep and our heat wave droped 26 degrees in a day and I do not feel like I was affected. Every one says I look good. I was ordering a wheelchair for the trip out and I swear, I almost had to show ID to convince the desk I had been a 3 day patient. I am optomistic everyone is optomistic. Thank you for your prayers. Bill
6-14-05 L4/5 & L5/S1 Prodisc Yale New Haven CT Dr. James Yue
Old 06-17-2005, 10:25 AM

Yeah, Bill! Welcome back! Now, rest, sleep and more rest... Take it slow and easy and congrats on the twins! ;-)

Years of pain, discectomy, research into anatomy, hardware, clinical trials, facilities, surgeons, techniques, insurance. Attempts at ProDisc, Activ-L trials. Now, low bone density. D'oh!!!

At 61 years, no longer qualifying for trials due to my age (chronological, not physical or mental).

2009 - Working on improving bone density or getting rich so I can go to Germany, where medicine and insurance have gone beyond the Stone Age.