ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 02-05-2005, 01:02 AM

Jenny,
I can't believe they are putting you through this. If there is anything I can do let me know. I am a good listener and I live in the next town over from you if you ever want to talk over coffee. I bet the Modesto Bee would love to hear this story. Also, why the $*&# did WC approve the surgery if they thought there was nothing wrong. My blood is boiling over your treatment by them.
You are in my prayers,
Wini
Old 02-05-2005, 08:06 AM
Banned

Jenny,

I am so sorry to hear everything you are going through. Your posts make my stomach turn. This is beyond comprehension.

If I can help in anyway, please don't hesitate.

I will be praying for you.

God bless,

Justin
Old 02-05-2005, 10:31 AM

Okay everyone here is the first thing all you spineys can help me with. I need to know how many FDA compassionate three level Pro Disc surgeries have been performed here in the U.S. and an approx time like month and year. I know of three at TBI, two before me and one after. I know of no others. Those of you whose Doctors were invloved with the Pro Disc can you please find out if they did any three levels. And someone from TBI can you find out the true number and when these surgeries happened. This info is urgent and any assistance would be appreciated.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:22 PM

I am really struggling tonight. I found out I have to be booked or processed next Sat. at the place where I used to take people to jail by some of the people I worked with. I don't think I can do this anymore I have nothing left.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:26 PM

can you give a little more detail on how they are charging you with the charges you mentioned. I just can't quite understand or believe that criminal charges would be filed based upon a medical exam of one doctor. I can't see a prosecutor doing so. Can you elaborate at all on here and maybe some can be of more help to you.

Hang in there, 3 leveler on the opposite side of the country.

bill

Old 02-06-2005, 12:02 AM
imported_PStewart

They will never win this case. Insurance fraud is typically where someone seeks reimbursement for a procedure that never took place. They then try to pocket the money. Fraud can also occur with false disability claims, where the defendant is taking money on disability when they are not disabled.

Now in this case, ReachtheSummit is being charged with fraud in order to have....a large medical procedure?? There is no financial gain from this and no motive.

The fact that they want ReachtheSummit to be processed at the very station where (s)he used to work is an obvious attempt at intimidation and humiliation.

They are doing everything they can to get you to drop your case.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:25 AM
Banned

Also a surgery which as far as I know is the first one done of this degree which was a compassinate case outside of a research trial for two levels by a large well known, world renowned university medical institute, by a surgeon who is going to be the next chief of orthopedic spine surgery at this center under the tutelege (sp) of the current chief of orthopedic spine surgery who is retiring...

I too think that once this goes in front of the WC or any kind of judge, it will just be decided that the counts of fraud are just crazed~

I'm sorry I saw the info you requested just now tho I will try calling the Spine Center Monday to see about talking with a Research Coordinator re the 3 level surgery question. I've wanted to ask that question anyway, just in case I should be looking at 3 levels needing to be done vs. 2~

In case I don't get thru to the RA, maybe someone who already had surgery there will have an "in" with one of them to ask this question.

Meanwhile, hang in there Jenny. I know it's incredibly frightening but I too believe this is their biggest intent is to frighten you enough to drop everything ...
Old 02-06-2005, 12:31 AM

The W/C doctors have stated I have no clinical back injury due to the fact I was able to use pain meds to exercise, mow my lawn etc. I was forced to leave work agianst my will once they found out I had a serious misdiagnosed injury. They stated because I was on pain meds I could not be in the building, although I told them I was fully capable of working any off the street assignment, that I was still exercising etc. They proceeded to kick me out the door then immediatly videotape my every move. Intimdated or paid two doctors to do a 360 change in their medical reports and lie. Then I was threatened with criminal prosecution to drop the case or they would file charges. I refused, had surgery under my own insurance after FDA approval and filed a Tort claim. They filed 16 charges for every doctors visit I had within the W/C system alleging I omitted telling my activites even though it is written in the doctors report, so I am therefore lying, not in pain and have no injury..that I was not in need of surgery that it is only an experiment.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:53 AM
Banned

OK Jenny,
For this surgery to go thru the Human Right's Commmittee and every other committee for the approval to be done as a compassionate case and with FDA approval - there's a lot of heads to roll for giving an "OK" for surgery to be done on a person that has no clinical indication to have such a surgery done...

There are so many other factors that would make the surgeons look at your case differently than someone such as myself in terms of your continuing to work out at the level you did ...

Your history as a police officer actively working the streets and need to stay physically in shape with such job requirements..

Your virgin spine vs. one that has had surgery with either good or bad results

The relatively recent onset of your injury..

I too was videotaped long ago because I rode a bike to work (in SF to UCSF)~
And then before my 2nd surgery I was going to a gym and had mentioned that somewhere and all I heard about by WC was the fact that I "worked out" - "went to the gym"..

It sounds like you were set up from the moment you became injured or were seen by a doctor for your injury, whichever, like your employer had it in for you even before you ever mentioned being on the meds and exercising so then w/the exercising/med stuff they felt they have food for fodder...

Anything you said, that was documented re the exercise (and even if the records have been conveniently lost- the docs under testimony will remember your case and your statements about exercise as would any RN or NP/PA that youv'e seen )which something had to have been plus the fact these docs at UCSF weren't going to put their licenses on the line to do "experimental surgery" on someone that didn't need it - this is going to be the info that will fight those charges strongly.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:55 AM

I also would like to offer any help that I can...
you go girl!!!
DONT let them get ya!
bee