ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 06-14-2005, 10:47 PM

Thanks Paulette!!! I just wrote to him. You are the bomb! Maybe he'll take an interest..we'll see.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:37 AM

Hillary Clinton was on the Today Show this am - how about writing to her too? Esp. folks in New York...can't hurt right?
Andrea

Failed L4-5 diskectomies '93 & '00
ADR originally scheduled 3/9/05; dropped insurance appeal due to new job; new insurance UHC
Old 06-16-2005, 12:07 PM

Another great idea...........Here it is go for it!

Hillary Clinton
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
http://prodisc2.blogspot.com/
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything
Old 06-16-2005, 12:34 PM

Thanks Paulette!
And maybe I'll copy Oprah too. After all, what 2 more powerful women are out there?
Andrea

Failed L4-5 diskectomies '93 & '00
ADR originally scheduled 3/9/05; dropped insurance appeal due to new job; new insurance UHC
Old 06-16-2005, 12:40 PM

Andrea,

YOU "GO" GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm right behind you.

Opera
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
http://prodisc2.blogspot.com/
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything
Old 06-25-2005, 05:17 PM

Lets all get together and do a letter writing campaign the same day or something. I agree with what someone said on another post. Numbers do talk!!!! If Montel gets a bunch of letters on the same day maybe they will sit up and take notice!
What do you guys say??? Are you game? I am!!!!
Evaluated by Dr Blumenthal at TBI
2/2005 ADR 2 level recommended
2 level lumbar fusion
Old 06-27-2005, 12:22 AM

I am new here and am in the process of finding a Dr that will request the adr surgery. The ones I have been to so far wont bother because my ins. BC/BS of Wyoming wont cover it. I have been busy setting the stage for my appeals and probably future lawsuit. This week I have an add (4x4) coming out in our paper that covers the entire state. It reads: Are you a candidate for a disk replacement surgery? Have you been denied this FDA approved device by your insurance company? If so please call me. The add will cost about 300.00. I have been talking to all my local and state representative. I am waiting for the Senator to come back in the office to visit with him. So far the intrest has been genuin and they want numbers. One of the representatives is also an orthopedic surgeon. He is angry. None of them were aware of this situation withe the ins. com. I have also spoke withe the Insurance comissioner of Wyoming and they have been very helpful. Part of our premium money goes torwards new technology. The insurance commisioner wants to know why then is it not available to us. They recommendsuing and have sent paperwork to file an official complaint when I am denied, wich I will be. I have a letter to the editor ready to be sent and calls in the local news paper for a story. I am going to contact the tv news. I will not go quietly!I hope these ideas work and help others. I will let you know as I go what I am doing and the responses I get along the way. BendaWyoming
Old 06-27-2005, 02:31 AM

Kim,

I do believe that there is power in numbers.

Even though we as members here only represent a small portion of the population ailing here in the US from spine issues (considering that back pain is like the 2nd most common complaint necessitating physician office visits next to the common cold)--- I think you have a good idea in the works here.

However, this will need to be methodical and orchestrated in such as way that is most likely to draw attention to our situation(s)and increase awareness to the issues / obstacles that we are currently faced with.

I need some time to think about this regarding suggestions/solutions to accomplish this task.
Dr. Bertagnoli May 22, 2004 Rudolfinerhaus Vienna, Austria.
Currently DRUG FREE and living life again!
Knowledge is Power!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 04:05 PM

BrendaWY:

Great idea with the newspaper adv. Can you send a copy to my e-mail or post a copy here? I'm close here in Colorado, maybe we could work together on some of this. I'd like to show your add to my attorney who is currently gathering information.

Thanks.
Brady
Old 06-27-2005, 10:28 PM

Poncho
Thanks I totally agree with you and am open to any suggestions anyone might have about getting something organized that can get our message out!
Kim
Evaluated by Dr Blumenthal at TBI
2/2005 ADR 2 level recommended
2 level lumbar fusion