ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:46 AM

Thanks for all the posts. This board has helped me a great deal. I'm wondering if anyone has had previous stomach surgeries? I've had many and am concerned that scar tissue may be an issue. My Dr. said not to worry there will be a vascular surgeon assisting- but I can't help it. I'm a nervous wreck but I am also anxious to be pain free. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks -Jenn
Old 08-29-2007, 01:56 AM

There are ladies had hysterecomies etc and loads of people had stomach operations there are good "Workrounds" for these don`t worry
Best
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 08-29-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jenngen:
Thanks for all the posts. This board has helped me a great deal. I'm wondering if anyone has had previous stomach surgeries? I've had many and am concerned that scar tissue may be an issue. My Dr. said not to worry there will be a vascular surgeon assisting- but I can't help it. I'm a nervous wreck but I am also anxious to be pain free. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks -Jenn
Hi Jenn,

I have had a lower bowel resection, a hysterectomy and hernia surgery with a mesh all in the same year. It was 10 years ago.

I had the same concerns as you have and went and met with the vascular surgeon. He eased all my worries and said there were no concerns. I think he was looking forward to figuring out how he could manuver around my mesh.

Good luck
Old 08-30-2007, 04:53 PM

Hi Jenn

I've had various stomach surgeries over the last 17 years including my appendix, various gynae investigations, laparotomy & hysterectomy ~ on my paperwork one of the codes included removal of adhesions or words to that effect. I think most surgeons are probably used to this now so please try not to worry

All the best,

37 years old
DDD
L4/L5 - L5/S1 DDD
L5/S1 Annular Tear
End Stage Facet Joint Arthritis
Chronic Pain
Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
15 Nov 06 ~ Prodisc ADR at L5/S1
Need a revision but not a surgeon in the UK will (or can?) remove a Prodisc!!
Prodisc has ruined my life