ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:50 AM

I wish you safe travels, and success all around!
Old 08-24-2011, 11:59 PM

Default Thank you Vicki

Thank you, Vicki! I appreciate the well wishes. And good luck with your upcoming surgery in October with Dr. Zigler. Hope it goes smoothly this time for you!
Love hiking, biking, anything outdoors. 2005 dx with cervical DDD and radiculopathy, given PT, NSAIDs. Back to regular lifestyle with very few problems until March 2011, hyper extension of neck created the "straw that broke camel's back". C5-6 and C6-7 herniation with compression of the spinal cord. Pain between shoulder blades and mild numbness down L>R arm. No conservative options-only surgery per NS x 3. S/P 2-level ADR surgery with Mr. Nick Boeree in England Aug 31, 2011.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:48 PM

Good luck. I hope all goes well. I also contacted Dr. Boeree and he seems very caring and replied to my email personally. I hope to hear good stories from you soon...
Old 08-28-2011, 09:58 PM

Lizard,

Best of luck this week. Looking forward to your updates.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011
Old 09-01-2011, 10:31 PM

Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I was thinking of you.
Said a prayer that all went well for you
Old 09-15-2011, 09:58 PM

Default Hello Everyone!

Hello Everyone!

Wanted everyone to know I am now back home and had a wonderful experience (as far as spinal surgery goes!) with Mr. Boeree at Nuffield Wessex. I will post my surgical outcome this weekend in that thread. I am feeling pretty good, started PT today. Thanks to everyone who has given me support by this thread and PMs, your words of encouragement have been greatly appreciated!
Love hiking, biking, anything outdoors. 2005 dx with cervical DDD and radiculopathy, given PT, NSAIDs. Back to regular lifestyle with very few problems until March 2011, hyper extension of neck created the "straw that broke camel's back". C5-6 and C6-7 herniation with compression of the spinal cord. Pain between shoulder blades and mild numbness down L>R arm. No conservative options-only surgery per NS x 3. S/P 2-level ADR surgery with Mr. Nick Boeree in England Aug 31, 2011.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:16 PM

Lizard,

Welcome to "the other side", and congratulations on what sounds like a great surgery! We'll all be looking forward to the details.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011
Old 09-23-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Hello Everyone!

Wanted everyone to know I am now back home and had a wonderful experience (as far as spinal surgery goes!) with Mr. Boeree at Nuffield Wessex. I will post my surgical outcome this weekend in that thread. I am feeling pretty good, started PT today. Thanks to everyone who has given me support by this thread and PMs, your words of encouragement have been greatly appreciated!
Hi Lizard - and welcome back!

I'm glad to hear that you also had a great experience with Nick Boeree at Nuffield Wessex - and that all is going well on return.

To respond, belatedely, to your other questions, my post-op continued as well or better than anyone can expect. I just passed the one-year mark - my most recent update is at the end of my surgical outcome thread:
http://www.adrsupport.org/forums/f47/cervical-c5-6-c6-7-spinal-kinetics-m6-tyler-10743/index4.html

I'm back at the gym, and back to long-distance cycling as well as climbing, without any issues. Not as religious as I should be with PT-type exercises but haven't had any pain or problems, and am getting neck strengthening in with other activities.

Nick Boeree encouraged follow-up imaging to make sure that all remains well, which I thought was a good thing and reflects his conscientious nature. I know of many other docs who take a no-news-is-good-news approach. The problem with that, at least in my opinion, is that you might miss the chance to address or correct something before it gets to be a serious problem. On the other hand, for a doctor, if there's no check up of the site, even if something occured later on it may be harder to ascribe it to the earlier procedure. So I personally think that Nick's approach may be riskier for the doctor but shows the highest concern for the patient. Even the Chair of Orthopedics at our University of California Medical Center was somewhat surprised at the proactive approach. However, they've done follow-up imaging as requested, and confirmed that the discs appear to be ideally placed and the associated vertebral issues well addressed.

I'm sure everyone's already been telling you to take it easy when getting back to exercise. I did go ahead with a previously-planned trek in the Himalayas about six weeks post-op but waited until after two months before returning to the gym. Most importantly, pay attention to your body!

I think that addresses the questions in your private message but if you have any others - or I can be of further help in any way - don't hesitate to ask.

Wishing you the very best!
Tyler
Completely off of pain meds since a few days post-op and symptom-free; have returned to cycling, climbing and all other activities (but staying off the motorcycle)
Old 10-01-2011, 07:18 PM

Lizard,
So glad to hear of your trip, and your good outcome. I'm jealous actually. I really did consider Nick B. and the m6 double adr. Let's hope we both have great outcomes from here on out!
Keep us posted on your wonderful progress.
D'Ann
C6-7 disc moderately to markedly narrowed, mild retrolisthesis of c6 on c7 producing effacement of the thecal sac but no cord impingement, mild narrowing of left neural foramen;
c5-6 disc moderately narrowed, anterior and posterior disc bulge with mild anterior cord impingement;
c4-5 disc intact and normal height, potential posterior annular fissure.
Cervical hybrid surgery in Texas April 12, 2011, fusion at C6/7, Prodisc C at C5/6