ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:08 PM

Angry ProDisc c-5/c-6 nightmare as well

I am stuck with this painful prodisc C currently. I am Only 32 and typically very active and in-shape. I have lost 22 lbs since July and feel like a shell of my former self. Pain is unberable, mostly at night and when I wake in the morning (If I actually can get to sleep). I am up till 7 in the a.m. and sleep till noon and then I try to trudge through life until I get to the undesireable evening and it all starts over.

I originally saw my Neurosurgeon on Thursday July 1st, 2010. He took a look at my MRI and said "what are you doing Tuesday?" He would have pushed it on me sooner but he must have had a vacation day on Monday July 5th, the day after the Holiday!!! He explained, "you are in great shape and you are young and it is just one diseased level and this will cure all of your pain and issues." Naturally, I was very excited as I did let the symptoms carry on for many months without consult (Me just being my hard-headed self). I did not have time to or even feel that I needed to do any research. My Surgeon sounded so sure of himself and this procedure and made it sound so simple and easy and quick...that I actually enjoyed my Holiday weekend. The surgery went well and I began to improve until about the middle-to-end of August and then all the symptoms slowly began to return and Here I am now...in worse shape then ever and more frustrated, angry and broken. I feel so betrayed and bamboozled.

I am glad that I found this website. I don't see any light at the end of my tunnel. As mentioned, My surgeon has turned his back on me and the 2nd opinion Neursurgeon worked w/ my original surgeon, so he doesn't want to throw him under the bus or INHERIT his problem. My surgeon Pushed, Cut and Cashed the check!

The only doctor that is listening to me is my Kaiser primary, but he is overwhelmed w/ seeing a ton of patients each day and truly doesn't have time to deal w/ me...Although, to give him credit, he is trying.

There is still minor compression on my spinal cord at the c-6 level...this is causing my numbness and tingling in the hand middle and ring finger, as well as the forearm...BUT I want to know what is causing my pain. If anyone knows who Brock Lesnar is (The UFC guy-275lbs)...I feel like I was chicken fighting with him on my shoulders in the pool for about an hour <-- This is how I describe the pain to family and friends.

Crunching and crackling in my neck and always stiff and constant mobility issues and sharp pain from the bottom of my skull down to and below the base of my neck on the left side (the side of the prodisc implant).

I am going for an EMG test tomorrow, but I am not expecting any help from this either...although I did make sure to go out of plan and go to a completely neutral Neurologist for this Nerve test.

Hoping to get some validation of my pain/issues and for someone to understand me. I just wish they could cut this thing out and start over with a fusion or just get me back to where I was pre-surgery. It was painful then, but now I am in worse shape and at this point...I can't get anyone to provide true help or possess a desire to listen. I try my hardest to hide the pain from my loved ones, because I don't want to burden them...but that leaves me depressed and in an agitated mood as I bury the pain inside.

I was in a life-altering car accident in 1995 that almost took my life and probably initiated my cervical disc problem. I can't totally remember that pain and I am sure it was very intense as I scalped myself, broke 7 ribs, lacerated a kidney, punctured one lung, collapsed the other, broke my collarbone, degloved my scalp, broke my nose, and ripped off my right ear...but each day I remember seeing and feeling improvement after that tragedy. With this surgery, I am not seeing improvement...just bad days and worse days.

Thanks for listening...I hope to get some good ideas and advice and compassion from the members of this board

Dustin
Old 12-02-2010, 11:47 PM

Dustman,

If your problems are mostly neck issues have you thought about facet injections? You mention spinal cord compression, your surgeon didn't comment on that?

Fusion C6/C7 - 2/2002
Foramenotomy 1/2004 - C5/C6 right side
Stenum M6 - 4/2009 - C4/C5, C5/C6
US Prestige ST - 12/2009 - C3/C4
Revision to Fusion 4/2009 - C5/C6 M6
Auto fuse of M6 at C4/C5 - determined after Xray on 3/2011.
Current - Fused at 3 levels C4/5/6/7, ADR C3/C4
Lumbar L5/S1 Annular tear - pain started 8/2009. MRI Hiz on 3/2011
Old 05-08-2011, 08:20 PM

asanders how did it go?
C4-5: Mild disc height loss with central annular fissure. Small broad-based left paracentral disc protrusion. Moderate central canal stenosis-the disc protrusion abuts and mildly flattens the left ventral surface of the spinal canal.

C5-6: Disc desiccation with mild height loss.Diffuse discosteophyte bulge and uncovertebral joint hypertrophy, moderate central canal stenosis- Severe neuroforaminal stenosis bilaterally, right greater than left.