ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 02-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Hello friends,

Well, it�s that time of year when we all have the pleasure of getting our receipts in order for the IRS. As an individual �doing business as� ADRSupport, I tallied up the costs for getting ADRSupport operational. After I added up the donations (thank you, donors!), I am still in the hole at $1006.24. Many of these costs are one-time fees (software, hosting fees from the first two hosting providers), so the annual costs will be significantly less going forward.

I�ve been unemployed for 15 months (now 7 months post ADR) and had grandiose visions of making a career change, switching from �sales & marketing high tech� to �sales & marketing spine/healthcare.� That vision turned out to be hallucinatory, but that�s OK! I landed a challenging job in a small software company with lots of responsibilities and challenges. So why am I telling you all of this?!

Well, I have been blessed to be able to meet some great people through this endeavor (the discussion board and the main web site). Moreover, the connections I made to many of you have been richly rewarding on many levels. However, my priorities will change so I can focus on my new career 110%. So, that�s where you come in�

If you can help us with the mission of reaching out to the patient community, your contribution can take many different forms, for example:

1. Welcoming new members to the community, or helping out as a � guide ,� if you want to help others.

2. Helping �frame� the tricky questions from the community, and creating short lists of questions to ask doctors for the Q & A column. I plan to continue to publish this column every 2 months.

3. Making a donation (only) if you are financially secure. I�d like to make this a �break-even� venture, which again, will be easier going forward.

Whatever your contribution may be (whether it be intent, reaching out to others or a donation), your interest in sharing and helping your �virtual family� will perpetuate the mission of this web site � and for this I am most grateful.

I hope that there are no big surprises with any of this, and I thank you all for making this community incredibly supportive, helpful and meaningful to many people. If you have questions or comments, feel free to reply publicly or via email or private message.

Thank you and good spinal health to us all!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 02-07-2005, 02:15 PM

You have my gratitude, and you have my support. You run this site with fairness, dignity, intelligence, unique common-sense, and most of all, honesty. The participants here are an awesome bunch as well!!!!

God bless,
Jeff
Two level cervical Mobi-C (C5/6, C6/7) with Dr. Zeegers (successful)
Laser Facet Coagulation (left side: L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1 & sacral) with Prof. Dr. Reul (significant reduction in remnant lumbar & sacral pain)
Old 02-07-2005, 02:50 PM

As an Admin bloke I stay on here automatically. Its time in the USA time scale which I cannot cover,Harrison knows this I am sure
Best
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 02-08-2005, 09:48 AM
Banned

Rich, thanks for everything... Because of your efforts, ADR Support has turned out great!

Mark

PS... My donation is to be earmarked specifically for the TRUE Harrison, for allowing his name to be plastered all over the Internet.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:57 AM
Banned

Rich,

You have my support, of course!

This forum has done wonders for the spine-troubled individual. The five levels of support not only allow one access to *quality* information via one central location (which took me countless hours to round up before ADRSupport.org), but the levels of support are also a vital "stepwise" approach to the issues (and sometimes overwhelming decisions) that a back pain suffer/future ADR recipient must make.

I am grateful for your hardwork, dedication to those that frequent this forum, and your friendship.

You are doing wonderful things and it is truly appreciated.

Justin
Old 02-17-2005, 08:38 PM

Well I am an engineer and make ok money, you have certianly saved me hundreds of hours of research, this = money to me. I will talk with the boss aka Wife and see how much we can send. With this information I hope I will soon be on the table getting a two level ADR L4-L5 & L5 S1, if!! I can get BCBS to pay for it.
87 Lam 88 Lam no help. 11/12/04 was told I needed fusion at 2 levels L4/5 & S1/5, ADR Surgery date was 5/13/2013 with Dr. Bertagnoli had fusion on S1/L5 and ADR on L5/L4. it is now 8 years post surgery and do not even take an aspirin for my back.