ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:40 AM

Ok thanks for the advice, best of luck to your surgical option.
1 ADR M6-L at L4-5 (1 10mm)
-Torn disc (fissuring), loss of disc height (mild DDD), approaching thecal sac as well
*Gained 1 1/2- 1 3/4 inches in height due to M6 disc height, and perfect lordosis now

Last edited by TheGrt8; 06-27-2015 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrt8 View Post
I tried that and asked his office to have him call me back.
Of course, they dismissed me and wanted me to pay more money to talk him.
No grudges, but I'm thankful I never went to him!
Clavel is the top nuero in the world, and pettine is just a ortho.
The credentials and resumes don't even do justice when you compare the two!
Sorry to offend you if I did. By no means, was it my intention.
I'm glad you are living your life again :-)
I don't know your story and there are always two sides. I am so happy you are doing better and Dr. Clavel was your surgeon. As far as comparing the two, that is subjective. One is a nuero and the other is an ortho. You had surgery by Clavel and I had surgery by Pettine. We are both doing great and we have our life back. In the end, that is all that matters.

I still don't think it is right to go on a public forum and to trash a surgeon's reputation. When I was searching for my surgeon, I went through 5 before I made my decision. I didn't connect with the other 4 and as soon as I met Dr. Pettine, I knew he was the man. I even connected with several surgeon's in Europe but felt comfortable with Dr. Pettine's skills and got insurance to pay. It was a deal breaker for me and it was the best decision I ever made.

As far as stem cells go, it sounds like after he reviewed your films that stem cells were a great option rather than doing surgery. When he looked at my films, he said I was to progressed and that stem cells were not an option. However, I was a candidate for an IV procedure due to chronic pain. I opted in for the procedure as well as surgery for my cervical and lumbar. The stem cells cured my fibromyalgia and I am not free of chronic pain. Perhaps you are upset because you didn't like his advice. I do know one thing about Dr. Pettine, he would suggest stem cells if he thought you were a good candidate and would not perform surgery if he thought stem cells could heal you. Surgery is the last resort.
Mar 2014 - MRI of Cervical and Lumbar, protruding disc in C3-7, Herniated Disc in L5/S1, placed on STD and FMLA )
July 2014 - Stem Cell Procedure performed
Oct 20, 2014 - ADR (MOBI-C) at C5-7 and Anterior Fusion at L5/S1 by Dr. Pettine and Dr. Techy
Old 06-27-2015, 05:04 PM

I did my research and the guy is a scam artist. Stem cells can't fix osteophytes or compression against your thecal sac. If you look up his reviews online, I'm not the only one to say negative things about him. He's being sued by many patients. Regardless I had stem cell, PRP, and Prolo in my neck, back etc. It's a scam and can't help someone who has major disc issues. Glad your better, end of story.
Patient's testimony of Dr NFL
Dr. Kenneth Pettine is to be avoided at all costs. You may end up suffering with the most horrific pain on the planet after this Hack is done with you. Look him up in the Colorado Court database (Larimer County), and the real story will start to unfold. He was charged with a DUI and obstructing a peace officer in 2008.
-Torn disc (fissuring), loss of disc height (mild DDD), approaching thecal sac as well
*Gained 1 1/2- 1 3/4 inches in height due to M6 disc height, and perfect lordosis now

Last edited by TheGrt8; 06-28-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:59 PM

Arrow Community Guidelines

TheGrt8, since you are new to the Board, I would recommend that you read the Guidelines for posting, specifically #3 which discusses destroying reputations. It is located on the top bar in the middle. Unfortunately, I cannot post a link to it.

I understand that you just had surgery, are in pain and it's been a difficult journey for you. Many of us are suffering 24/7 too and have had similar experiences. However, it's really important that we all be respectful of the other members so, the quality of this Board continues to be an outstanding resource and a place to get support for those of us still struggling.

I read the comments you posted to me earlier this morning before you deleted them. I do appreciate you removing them. I'll leave it at that.

Just so you know, I have spoken to Dr. Clavel and researched the entire Post Surgery Forum regarding his surgeries. I know he's amazing and understand why you speak so highly of him! I dedicated an entire thread to the surgeons in Europe.

Here are my "opinions" on the discs. I also think the M6-C disc is superior in most cases. The design is more likely to attract biofilms than the Mobi-C but, I am very impressed with the surgical outcomes for those that have it. There is less data available on the Mobi-C to compare to the M6-C, at least I can't find it. The Prodisc C has a large keel design and not the best track record compared to the other two discs so, at this point in time, we have better options available to us. (Much of this information can be found in the stories in the post surgery forum for those who are new here.)

I know it gets tricky when we want to discuss a negative experience we had with a surgeon on this Board. Some won't do it so, I certainly don't want to discourage you! Your feedback is important. It's just best to stick with the facts so others can draw their own conclusions on what they might expect.

Thank you and I hope you feel better soon.
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016
Old 06-27-2015, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrt8 View Post
I did my research and the guy is a scam artist. Stem cells can't fix osteophytes or compression against your thecal sac. If you look up his reviews online, I'm not the only one to say negative things about him. He's being sued by many patients. Regardless I had stem cell, PRP, and Prolo in my neck, back etc. It's a scam and can't help someone who has major disc issues. Glad your better, end of story.
Patient's testimony of Dr NFL
Dr. Kenneth Pettine is to be avoided at all costs. You may end up suffering with the most horrific pain on the planet after this Hack is done with you. Look him up in the Colorado Court database (Larimer County), and the real story will start to unfold. He was charged with a DUI and obstructing a peace officer in 2008.

Dr. Kenneth A. Pettine 60 Patient Reviews and Ratings, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Johnstown, CO
Funny. I just read all the reviews and they were all pretty great. You will always find one or two people who are not happy. Before you go making assumptions about others, you best make sure your information is accurate. This forum is not here to slander others.
Mar 2014 - MRI of Cervical and Lumbar, protruding disc in C3-7, Herniated Disc in L5/S1, placed on STD and FMLA )
July 2014 - Stem Cell Procedure performed
Oct 20, 2014 - ADR (MOBI-C) at C5-7 and Anterior Fusion at L5/S1 by Dr. Pettine and Dr. Techy
Old 06-28-2015, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Post Reminder

This is an unusual post for obvious reasons. Some of these comments are subjective. When statements are this pointed and specific to a patient or a doctor, they should be states as facts -- with the facts.

Since 2004, we have done our best to keep these posts honest and fair. See:

ADRSupport Community - Member Guidelines & Code of Conduct

And to Cynlite's specific point made elsewhere:

"...3. Reputations. If reporting on a positive or negative experience with any medical professional, maintain a constructive post by sticking to the facts. Remember, the goal is to help the community -- not to destroy (or inflate) people’s reputations..."

But other points also apply. Please get reacquainted to these guidelines. They have served us well over the years.

And just for the record, every surgeon that performs hundreds (or especially thousands) of surgeries will have patients with a range of outcomes -- from disastrous to stellar. Clavel in particular fits this description perfectly. On this board, we've seen patients with poor outcomes in the last year. We hope they share more to help others; and of course we hope and pray that they will get better.

We are here for all patients!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 06-28-2015, 03:58 PM

Wowser! Ok to get this thread back on track.......

I know it may sound corny but my wife started the Leslie Sansone CD's 30 days after surgery with Clavel. Kind of for older folks but was the perfect pace and rythmn after ADR surgery. Totally low impact and perfect for cold Chicago winter.

She's now feeling great!

TJ
- Wife has been diagnosed with Severe Spinal Stenosis Right and Left Sides, Degenerative Disk Disease at C5/6 and C6/7, Large Osteophyte Complexes at a both levels, with C6/7 on R/H Side, and C5/6 both R/H and L/H Sides. Also Reverse Lordosis.
- Performed 2-Level ADR with M6-C by Dr. Clavel, Barcelona Spine Center on 10/15/14.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:44 PM

Thanks Harrison, and by no means was my intent to ridicule a surgeon. I have been through hell for 5 1/2 years, like the majority of us, and wanted to share my thoughts and experiences with my road to recovery. I lost my life, my job, family, and friends due to 40 plus misdiagnoses from US orthos, chiros, surgeons, etc. Like the majority of people, I'm finding on these forums, I wouldn't let a North American doctor touch me. I understand that many people can't afford to get ADR overseas with Clavel or Bierstedt, but to fuse a disc at any other level than the S1-L5, is criminal with the exception of some cases with patients having other spine deficiencies. Fusion at other levels cause major issues down the road, as it puts compression and strain on your vertebrae, and other levels at your discs. I've done tons of research, and have to talked to tons of people along with the top docs. As throttlejockey and another person who PM'd me stated, you can't go wrong with Clavel, he's the top of the food chain! She quoted, "I wouldn't let a US Doc touch me, and Clavel saved her life after a US surgeon fused her wrong!" I've had PRF, shockwave, stem cell, Prolo, PRP, etc. It's all a scam or a band aid. I'm trying to educate, along with helping others. Clavel saved my life as well! He's the most compassionate, caring, and nicest man on this planet. His staff along with Yolanda is top notch, and it's sad that we live in a 3rd world health care system. The M6 disc is the only way to go, as the ProDisc and Moby-C are awful. Many revisions with those discs, with no nucleus that withstand 1200 lbs of pressure with 360 degrees range of motion. The reason why it's not approved in the US, is because ProDisc sued spinal kinetics, stating they copyrighted their patent. Finally after many years a judge ruled in favor of the M6. However, surgeons here only are doing a one level trial, with no experience of this well oiled disc of a monster. I wouldn't trust a trial either with a North American doctor. Stick to Europe and things will be ok. I, like others, with the M6 disc will never have a revision again. The disc is better than what you're born with. It won't be approved in the US for many years due to ADA and FDA regulations. Then when it does, you still run the huge risk if Clavel or Bierstedt isn't coming over to the states to do them.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:11 PM

Default i refuse to get hypertensive

i haven't had 40 doctors but have talked to 4 or 5, and i have come to similar conclusion, for me personally it would be either Dr Clavel or Dr. Beirstedt, mostly because they can just do more than here. I need a fusion at T8-9 and probably T9-10 due to severe spinal stenosis and possible myelomalacia at both levels and it is the worst pain i have when it flares up. nobody, but nobody wants to touch the thoracic region. i realize it is a really sucky surgery, so is the painthat said it appears i am also going to need to have 3 levels done in my neck, i already have a C3-4 acdf, and i have some outfits calling me and i don't have the heart to tell them i don't want that particular implant and i can only get one here and i need 3. i also need 2 more at L4-5 and L5-S1. certainly a couple fusions, hopefully about 5 ADR, maybe some percutanious laser discoplasty and stem cells on all the rest, or succumb to being Forever Drug Addicted (FDA) thanks and have a better day.
2007 mri revealed all but 2 discs of entire spine are either bulged, some torn, a few herniated and compressing foramenal nerves or chord c3-4 fusion. myelomalacia at 2 levels, facet arthropathy, spinal and foramenal stenosis, yadda, yadda...
Old 06-29-2015, 12:40 PM

I'm so sorry to hear your pain and suffering! My thoughts and prayers go out to you. If you don't mind me asking, how did this all transpire (lumbar, thoracic, and cervical)? Btw, I will be talking to Dr Clavel on Thursday, and can ask him about ADR in the thoracic region for you.

Last edited by TheGrt8; 06-29-2015 at 04:48 PM.