ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:57 AM

Thanks Drewrad. How should I follow up on the faccets? Should I ask my doc to test them somehow? I asked him last time and he said "nobody really knows" much about them and "it is controversial".
Old 02-10-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romakis View Post
Thanks Drewrad. How should I follow up on the faccets? Should I ask my doc to test them somehow? I asked him last time and he said "nobody really knows" much about them and "it is controversial".
If it were me I'd run from this doctor...
You can check to see if facets are a pain generator by getting a facet nerve block done....Have it done more than once to be sure...

I don't want to sound harsh, but you need to do this research before allowing someone to cut you open and stick an implant inside of you....
Thinking that an ADR is some kind of magic device that will solve all your problems is being foolish...
Do your due diligence and don't rush into anything..
My 2 cents because I hate to see people suffer from this affliction
Born 1970/1995-Hurt at work/1996-Right disc fragment L4-L5 discectomy-On/off back pain,no serious leg pain until/2007-Right herniation L5-S1,recurrent small herniation at L4-L5 with unbearable leg pain/6/08 discectomy L5-S1/leg pain relieved/occaisional mechanical pain/2012-Cymblata 60 mg,occasional aleve/2014-LB pain not debilitating but chronic,Rhizotomy relieves facet pain on right side/2015-L4-S1 facets shot/4/15 PLIF L4-S1 with facectomy
Old 02-19-2015, 12:46 PM

OK, I have spent last 2 weeks reading through all the material on this website and others and one thing I have to say is that I am scared ....less now!! I have noticed that most people with, hopefully???, good outcomes either do not post or stop posting updates and responding to messages, or something bad happened to a lot of them! Bad outcomes however are absolutely horrible, and there are so many of them. Before I really hoped that I could just go for an ADR if I get fed up with pain, but now I am almost certain I have to wait until it becomes absolutely unbearable before I decide to go for the surgery.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:02 PM

Default Waiting

My problem lasted for several years, actually it took a LONG time, but the last few years it was bad, then herniated the L2-3, and it was downhill from there.

By the time I had the MRI for the L23, my 45 and 51 were about gone, and now 7 months later, wished I could have done this about a decade earlier.

Not sure of your age, but you will have distraction and the younger you are, the easier it is to recover.

Sorry, did not see your signature, or did not read all of it, I am 11 years older.

L2-3 herniation, two days before Thanksgiving, 2012, Discectomy/Laminectomy, 3/13 Numbness in the right leg, lateral femoral, gone, July 10, 2014 L45 M6 ADR, July 15 PLIF L5-S1, Not able to access L51 Anterior.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romakis View Post
OK, I have spent last 2 weeks reading through all the material on this website and others and one thing I have to say is that I am scared ....less now!! I have noticed that most people with, hopefully???, good outcomes either do not post or stop posting updates and responding to messages, or something bad happened to a lot of them! Bad outcomes however are absolutely horrible, and there are so many of them. Before I really hoped that I could just go for an ADR if I get fed up with pain, but now I am almost certain I have to wait until it becomes absolutely unbearable before I decide to go for the surgery.
I know how you feel. I waited until it got really bad before I went and got the ADR for my l5/s1. In hindsight, I am not sure why I didn't go years ago to get it done. If I could do it all over again, I would have gone at least 3 years ago to get all fixed up. I went with the doc with the highest success rate and who has been doing it the longest. I figured if anything were to go wrong, at least I went with the best of the best.

Cheers,

Karger
Old 02-25-2015, 11:05 AM

Thanks Karger. How are you feeling these days?
Old 02-25-2015, 06:06 PM

I wish I didn't wait 16 years for my surgery. I don't know why I went down the holistic route and suffered for years. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't hesitate for the surgery.
Mar 2014 - MRI of Cervical and Lumbar, protruding disc in C3-7, Herniated Disc in L5/S1, placed on STD and FMLA )
July 2014 - Stem Cell Procedure performed
Oct 20, 2014 - ADR (MOBI-C) at C5-7 and Anterior Fusion at L5/S1 by Dr. Pettine and Dr. Techy
Old 03-27-2015, 03:21 PM

Hopefully the file will upload. My L5-S1 is almost gone..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RKS.jpg (85.5 KB, 43 views)
Old 03-27-2015, 03:43 PM

Romakis, the image loaded ok, and will be helpful to get another couple of images moving right/left to show the spinal cord more clearly, to see if there is pressure on the cord.
, little effect on pain
Considering surgery (typical questions, which type & which surgeon!)
Old 03-28-2015, 10:35 PM

Give us more views. Yes.

Still can see an evaporated out L5/S1. Also no lordosis.

However, further images would help determine other levels.

Chronic back pain started in 2010 while shrugging weights that a 40 yr. old shouldn't even try.

MRI in 2012 showing L4/L5, L5/S1 herniations and L2/L3 bulge.

L5/S1 taking on new shape, chronic sciatica, etc.

DEXA bone scan performed 5/7/14 showing mild osteopenia.

Surgery performed July 9th, 2014, Dr Clavel, hybrid three level lumbar.