ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:56 PM

Hello all, it’s been awhile since I've posted. So now for an update. I saw my doc the end of Jan and I told him that I would have new insurance (Federal BC/BS) in June and they pay for ADR. Doc said that he heard that sometime this summer the FDA would be approving 2 levels and then the insurance company's would pay for both levels. So we decided to wait until the new insurance kicked in. On the first of April we had to move off base, and find a house to rent. We moved the first of April. My hubby retired from the Air Force after 23 years and he started a new job as a civilian on base, complete with Federal BC/BS, which would start on June 1. I called and made an appointment with my doc for June 14, to set a surgery date. On April 17th I was watching the news and the lead story was that my doc was killed in a plane crash. It was at this point I was thinking is someone trying to tell me something!! I had to do some hard thinking, about what I should do at this point. I called my doc's office to see who they were referring his pt's to, I called and got an appointment with the new doc for the end of Aug. So we will see when I see the new doc what is going to happen. Now for a question does anyone know if the FDA is going to approve doing 2 levels? Sorry for such a long post, it has been a rough couple of months!!
Old 07-13-2006, 01:33 AM
Banned

Hi Cat--

Sorry to hear of your miserable two months and the awful news of your doctor's death

Hope things look up for you soon. As for two level ADR, to my knowledge tHE FDA has only given approval for clinical trials here.

Something 'old' from the web:

"I have a 2 level disc deneration disease. Is there any way a 2 level disc replacement can be performed? Also. how far along is it until the FDA will approve disc replacements?

Two level disc replacements can be performed outside the U.S. It will be 2-5 years before they are available in the U.S.
Lali Sekhon, MD Jul 12 2004 "

From here:
http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:Ynteb-Jgs20J:spineu...t=clnk&cd=4&ie=UTF-8

Well, we're within Dr Sekhon's range at least--anyone at the FDA listening?

Best wishes,

Trace
Old 07-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Banned

Wow Cat,
Sorry to hear about your doctor tho if it's Prodisc you're speaking of, it's still not approved so you'd be waiting one way or the other it appears.

Re your hub and move, sounds good. Hope he's adjusting well and everything is "cool"~

take care and good luck with upcoming appt.~ hopefully Prodisc might be approved then ?? (many of us hope..)