ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 06-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Banned

Paulette,
Hmmm, I think scars are the least of one's concerns if you're thinking children vs. no children~ you can always go back and have plastic surgery to help out with the scars later on... know women that have done this.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:12 PM

Marriaa,

Scars yes are the least of my worries. Finding a donor is pretty high on my list of worries these days when it comes to pregnancy.

Any of you guys out there with banked sperm what to make a donation?

Adoption may be a better option for me.
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
http://prodisc2.blogspot.com/
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything
Old 06-30-2005, 02:31 PM

That's what they all said: "I"m sorry but you'll have to bank it".

I wonder if having ADR complicates getting a cesearean.

Good luck, Allan
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:04 PM

I'm 34, finger's crossed waiting for ADR and when I'm all finished I DO want 1 more child. I'm a single mother now of a son and if that's still the case in another year or so when I'm recovered, don't laugh but "I'm going to the bank!!"
Old 06-30-2005, 05:34 PM
Banned

Yep, frozen pops! That's certainly an option~ as is adoption...
Old 07-01-2005, 09:59 AM

[QUOTEPoncho:
[qb]I think that if men could get pregnant too - there would be more choices for birth control [/qb][/QUOTE]

AMEN, sister! Satisfied (and freakin' considerate!) vasectomy recipient here... ;-)

Paulette - "Any of you guys out there with banked sperm want to make a donation?" This question reminded me of something that's been bothering me for a while. After seeing the numbers of members here who have both cervical and lumbar multiple level DDD I've wondered whether this isn't a condition which might be congenital. If research reveals this to be the case, then I'd think seriously about going elsewhere for "frozen pops"! Just a thought.

Years of pain, discectomy, research into anatomy, hardware, clinical trials, facilities, surgeons, techniques, insurance. Attempts at ProDisc, Activ-L trials. Now, low bone density. D'oh!!!

At 61 years, no longer qualifying for trials due to my age (chronological, not physical or mental).

2009 - Working on improving bone density or getting rich so I can go to Germany, where medicine and insurance have gone beyond the Stone Age.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:26 AM

Quote:

AMEN, sister! Satisfied (and freakin' considerate!) vasectomy recipient here... ;-)
Since we are sharing, I am also a quite satisfied vasectomy recipient as well.

David
Old 07-01-2005, 11:24 AM

Humor is my way to make a bad situation not seem so bad. Guys the reality here is I was told that medically that I would never be able to bare children after ADR thus looking at this from a �medical� point not an �other� thus my original category of this topic. Now that we have had are fun with topic and been put in our place literally, lets get back to the original question�.

Quote:
Anyone out there considering pregnancy after ADR?
Is there anyone out there that has had a child after ADR? I do know someone that was fused so that she could have children and did so I was just assuming it was the same.

I ever imagined life without a children growing inside of me and feeding from my breast. It�s like a part of me will never get to live. I don�t expect everyone on the forum to understand this but I know there are others out there that feel the same as I do and I would like to know what your doctors think is possible. I am just not ready to let the hope completely die.
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
http://prodisc2.blogspot.com/
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything
Old 07-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Banned

Paulette,
What reason did the doctor give re not being able to have children after ADR? I completely understand how you feel re that part of you that will never get to live since I made the choice not to have children because of my back problems~ altho if I were younger and childbearing age, I'd definately want to consult with various surgeons regarding their opinion on this~ (I know you're looking for persons who've had ADR to answer you question~ sorry I can't)~
Old 07-01-2005, 04:08 PM

Does anyone know what happened with Lor from the BPSG or MGH site(can't remember where I first saw her posts)? If I remember correctly, she was absolutely considering pregnancy after her ADR, which she had with Zeegers.

I think this would be worth an email to Regan, Bitan, Zeegers, Bertagnoli. Between them, they should have some experience with the relative risks.

mmglobal? Can you front the question for us?

Meanwhile, Paulette...I would get more than one OB/GYN opinion, especially from some high risk providers who might have more experience regarding managing complications from prior surgeries/traumas.

Carolina