ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 12-25-2008, 05:19 PM

Kathy and Family,

Please believe in miracles. May God be with you and yours. Sandy
Old 12-26-2008, 05:48 PM

Default Your Trials

I saw your messge yesterday. I really didn't know what to say after I read it. When bad things happen to good people, it really strains our beliefs in the way we view our world. Most of us want to be able to make what goes wrong to go right. Some times we can do it, many times we can't.

Please take the time to take care of yourself. You can't be there for others unless you take care of your own needs. I would make sure that you eat right, get enough sleep, and exercise to the limits of your condition. Stress will certainly increase your physical symptoms, and it may be necessary to have your dr. temporarily change your medications. I find that just taking a walk or getting out for a short time with my wife will clear my head enough to be able to better focus on what is going on around me.

We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Please keep us posted.
Living on Ultracet and Vicodin ES and only working part-time
Disqualified from Active-L trial due to low bone density in spine
ALIF 02/10/09
Old 12-27-2008, 02:33 AM

Kathy,

I'll be praying for your brother and for your Husband's freinds family and for your family as you deal with all of this. Only God can give you the grace to handle each day but please know that we are also praying for you all.

Richard
Old 12-27-2008, 03:00 AM

Default Thank you for your kind words and prayers.

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers, it is very sweet of you to be so kind to someone you have never 'met'. I was able to have a nice Christmas with my family, just tried not to think about it. It was nice seeing my kids have a great Christmas, so much fun seeing it through childrens eyes. I was able to keep my breakdowns to a minimum and my kids didn't witness any of them. I know I will get through this, done it before... Last year, my husband lost his grandfather (on a Thursday). 2 weeks to the day later (Thursday), I lost a close uncle unexpectedl., 1 week to the day later (Thursday), my husband lost his brother unexpectedly. 1 week to the day later (Thursday), my husband's other brother was in a horrible motorcycle wreck on his Harley, they said if he would have been in the ditch for 5 more minutes he would have died, he was in ICU in a medically induced coma for 28 days, had to have a tracheotomy, very touch an go for the first 3 weeks; but he pulled through and is doing great now (he is actually at my house playing Wii bowling with my husband). I resolved to quit answering my phone on Thursdays after that, didn't want anymore bad news. It was hard going through all that (on top of my back), my husband and I definitely fought more (not one of the happier times in our marriage); but we resolved to support each other and came through to the other side. Even though, it was hard then, I have never lost anyone as close as a brother, so I am sure I will be an emotional wreck for awhile. If God chooses to not do a miracle, which I am praying for, I at least know my brother is saved and will go to Heaven, where he won't miss us; but we sure will miss him. I am going to quit rambling now, thanks for 'listening' to me. I really appreciate all your kind words.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:50 AM

KBear,

Sorry to see your news about the tragedies.
I believe in miracles, so I will pray for your brother.

Kimmers
Old 12-28-2008, 05:47 PM

Kathy just caught up with your story and so very sorry about the traumas surrounding you and the pain you are trying to cope with too. Life seems so unfair somtimes. I really hope your brother responsds to treatment if thst what he goes for. My brother was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year and has had an awful time with chemo and steriods but is doing ok now its in remission. I just couldnt be there for him I am afraid. My pain was too big at the time, and I was waiting for my op.

My brothers partner and our family however were all ok and supported him and it seemed to be ok, I could let it go to an extent, because I had no choice. Maybe you will be able to allow others to come forward and do what you can without hurting yourself. This is so tough for all of you wishing things become more postive and you are looking after yourself Maz xx
Active C ADR 2 levels 18th Sept 08
pain remains in shoulders and neck but is better than before (level 2-6)
arm pain resolved
Old 12-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Banned

Default Praying for You

Kathy,

I just wanted to drop in and let you know that I've been praying for you. I believe in miracles and the power of prayer. I pray God's peace will comfort you and your family during this difficult time.

"Ramble" all you need to on this forum, and we will support you no matter what.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:30 AM

Kathy:

I am so sorry for all of the losses you have experienced lately. I can only imagine that God teaches us that love means allowing life to unfold as it does, all the while accepting, that he cares for us in the process. Maybe that is the best that we can hope for each other as well. We love people no matter what happens to them. Their passing only serves to remind us what a gift they were. Their loss allows us to remember how much they meant to us, what a gift they were, and how badly we will miss them. Your kind words about your brother only serves to tell me, and others, how much he meant to you, and what a gift he was in your life. Treasure the memories and know that you will be rejoined. May you find peace in the support of God, your family and friends.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5
Old 01-01-2009, 02:18 AM

*hugs*
you are in my thoughts.
1993:MVA
1995:diagnosed with bulging disc C5/6
2000:disk herniated
2000-2004:multiple treatments including nerve root block, trigger point injections, epidural steroid injections, pt
2005-2008: pain meds and muscle relaxers only
ProDisc-C replacement on c5/c6 11/18/08
Old 01-01-2009, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

KBear, I hope this new year brings nothing but the best to you and your loved ones. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Severe Vitamin D Deficiency
Spinal Fusion C5-C6, C6-C7 - May 2007
Multiple epidurals, L 3/4/5 & S1
L 3,4,5 & S1 herniated/bulging disks-under control for now.