ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 12-31-2004, 01:10 PM
Banned

Yesterday I ran several blocks with my dog Lola. You know, she pulled, I followed. Wasn't wearing running shoes, however very comfortable light weight clog type of shoe.

Throughout the night I woke up, got up and had no back pain at all.

Today however, I have a sharp pain that is very deep inside and is about an inch above my waist to the right of my spine. When I move, slightly bend, try to get into bed I get a sharp stabbing pain that radiates closer to the spine and a bit lower and also with standing goes into right hip area and throughout the lateral aspect of my rt. upper thigh, tho in an aching burning form.

I'm very uncomfortable and cannot find a position of comfort to relieve this pain. Hoping it's a spasm maybe brought on by being up and just moving after sort of shaking my vertebrae up a bit.

Really, I never run as it used to be painful just to attempt tho I was feeling kind of "frisky" yesterday and felt like having a little run w/the dog. Me llama Dumb y dumber...

and oh yeah..I want my ADR one of these days..
Old 12-31-2004, 03:30 PM
Banned

Maria, if you are going to participate in activities that will cause problems like that, you should be more selective. (I seem to remember you posting something about back handsprings off the headboard?)

Mark
Old 12-31-2004, 04:51 PM
Banned

Mark,
You're right on the first part, tho I think you've got me mixed up w/someone else on the 2nd part!
I'm selectively lying down today for the most part~
Old 12-31-2004, 05:13 PM

Clog shoes and running with them on! oh my God! You are a personal trainer's nightmare! Please don't wear clog shoes anymore, especially running... you have me laughing, I needed that. I have been in agony all day...I am having that deep aching burning sensation in my right hip you speak of as of now. It is definitely a spasm and yes impossible to find a comfortable position with, currently I have just applied ice to it, to numb it as much as possible so I cannot feel it anymore.

Andro1111
Old 12-31-2004, 08:18 PM
Banned

These are Supremes by Softspots. More of a slip on clog tho so light weight they are unbelievable. My feet nor my body hasn't felt so good in even running shoes! Tho yes, running even a bit is not really what they are for at all. I forgot myself. Felt good and happy so "took off". Believe me, I know better tho sometimes I do very stupid things when it comes to the "old back" (esp. since I haven't had my ADR yet). I guess I feel that there's such a spinal mish-mash in there already the heck with it.... get so tired of "being careful"~
Old 01-01-2005, 07:28 PM

I know what you mean by getting tired of being careful...it's insane! I myself do plenty of stupid things. Are you feeling better? I finally am. I had a rough week, hopefully it won't come back. I too am waiting for ADR.

Andro1111
Old 01-01-2005, 09:29 PM

Wow Maria, you describe the pain I still have almost exactly. I got a flare up last week too after doing something more silly than you did. I was in Yellowstone doing some gentle cross-country skiing and got some heel pain in one boot. To get rid of the heel pain, I yanked out my prescription orthodic - the one with 3/8-inch leg-length correction. I left the other orthodic in, giving myself a net 5/8-inch plus discrepency. I had no back pain that day, but was woken up with a pain similar to what you describe. The pain keep hammering me all night and all the next day until I pulled out my narcotics and shut it down. I figured that it was just arthritis and that I would have to give up skiing, but, I then I remembered that I had skiied similar distance the days before and after the pain episode with proper orthodics and had no back pain.

Now that I think about it, one of the first things that they tested me for at the AlphaKlinik pre-ADR was leg length discrepency - that should have given me a hint that it was important. Yow! I spent $300 USD on my orthodics and then don't wear them when I need to. How thick can you get?

Hope for a pain-free New Year to you all.

Best Wishes,
Laura
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 01-02-2005, 09:47 AM
Banned

Laura,
Skiing! Wow! Talk about better living thru advanced technology~
For this activity I would need: new back and new knees!
I too have orthotics since about the mid 80s. Didn't wear them at all in Florida the last year plus as I wore sandels almost every day there. And for a while I wondered why my feet and legs hurt so much till I figured that one out!!
I was surprised my back hurt like it did that next day as it's not the first time I've run a bit with Lola but the first time I've run in these type of shoes...at best guess I would have to say my feet must at least need some stability when pounding pavement even if it's for just a few blocks..
Stay well/pain free~
Old 01-02-2005, 09:50 AM
Banned

Andro1111,
Yes, after 2 days of bedrest mostly I am feeling better! And if I weren't I have an ESI scheduled for Monday afternoon!
Here's hoping we keep our bodies intact enough while awaiting our ADRs!!!
Old 01-03-2005, 12:38 PM

Here's a hint on wearing orthodics with sandals (works for me, anyway). Get a pair of Tevas or other type of sports sandal and a pair of the "short" orthodics that don't extend all the way to the toe. Permanently glue velcro the underside of the orthodic and your sandal insole and, voila, removable, secured orthodics in sandals. I've got a pair in dark rubber that more or less matches the sandals and you can't even tell that I have orthodics in, and I've got tons of correction.

Glad to hear you're doing better. Hope the ESI makes you feel even better still.

Best wishes,
Laura
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog