ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 04-09-2005, 09:52 PM

It just rains too much here in O.C.

No dates yet but probably in the next month or so I'll moving from Orange Count to Seattle. It's been wonderful down here. I got to meet Mark and go to the *** seminars and meet many of you in person. Although my post-ADR pain has decreased it did not seem to correlate to the warmer, dryer weather. In fact the slow improvements started at about the same time as our record rains.

One drawback is that I won't be attending the NYC *** Symposium. The move and a committment to visit family back east is just too much.

Jim
Old 04-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Banned

Jim, I'm so glad to hear that you are improving. I recently spoke to Brian K from the old forum and he is doing very much better after a long haul... almost 2 years out.

It has been great getting to know you. I am hoping to have a gathering... the backyard BBQ, without the doctors present. Call me and we'll get it set up. Anyone else interested in a gathering?

Mark
Old 04-10-2005, 01:23 AM

Mark: I'd bring a few Mad-Cow free steaks.

+ + + +

Jim, I've lived in Seattle and Bellingham. I loved that life - but I'm a fanatiic on mountains and seeing very differing environments. Heck, just a quick trip over Snoqualmie Pass takes you into Pondersa country like our local mountains. And the drive to Spokane thru the "Scablands" prairie is a trip. Stopping now..
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:51 AM

Hi Jim,

I will give you an earyly welcome to Seattle. I live here and it's beautiful. You'll love it.

Congrats.

ADR June 15, 2005 WOOOO HOOOOO
Herrniated L5-S1, Tear in Annulus
Old 04-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Banned

Jim,
Wishing you the best with your visit back east (am going also beginning of May) and your upcoming move! I met you at Mark's after Dr.Yeung's presentation tho you may not recall~
Anyway, so glad to hear you're improving!

Mark, a backyard gathering would be nice~ I can catch the train from SD..keep us posted~
Old 04-10-2005, 01:37 PM

Mark, A gathering would be fantastic! I really enjoy the company of my forum friends. Anytime is good with me.

ans and Nichole, I think the NW is the cleanest, greenest and most beautiful place in the world. I was there from 1997 until last year this time. I love S.Cal but Seattle just matches me a little better. We should consider a gathering in Seattle.

Maria, Of course I remember you!

Jim
Old 04-10-2005, 04:33 PM

Hi Jim,

I completely agree and the diversity of environments/climates from Sequim (banana belt w/oaks), Hurricane Ridge, the Coast and proximity to my favorite city, Vancouver, makes life great. I miss it.

Feel good - ans
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:19 PM

I lived a total of ten years on Whidbey Island. I still miss the views of the mountains, the fog, and the water that I had out my windows. I don't miss the constant sore throats and not being able to grow tomatoes. They were still green by Thanksgiving. I used to ski at Snoqualmi, Stevens Pass, Mt. Baker and even Mt. Pilchuck (now closed). We caught many salmon at Deception Pass, picked wild blackberries. But I love the sunny days we have in Southern California and I don't miss those heating bills. We had to turn the heat on in August when Grandma came to visit. Now, the heat is only on for a half hour in the mornings. And when my back wasn't bad, I actually skied and played golf on the same weekend. The summers are nice up there, however.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:46 PM

Whidbey's beautiful as are the San Juans. Yeah, there's pros and cons and I'd prefer a dry snow to that 39 deg. rain. I remember the shock when young on finding a ski resort at 3,000' at Snoqualmie/Alpental. I love British Columbia too, from Lake Cowitchan to Hope to Smithers. Heck, if we meet we can have a travelogue.
Old 04-16-2005, 06:40 PM

Now I wish I wasn't going. My C-spine is raging today. Except for an occasional tramadol I've been virtually med free since November. At noon today I took vioxx and vicodin.

I report to work in Seattle on April 29.

Jim