ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 08-24-2005, 07:57 PM

Well the time has come and I am struggling to get through a full day of work. Can't stand for more than 10-15 minutes or sit for long periods. Having moderate to severe lower back pain and frequent spasms. Putting my papers in for retirement and trying to buy some time for a two level ADR rather than an immediate fusion (would be my second). Has anyone heard if the insurance companies have yet to allow a two level in USA (above and below) my fusion L4/L5??? One doctor has advised me that I may be candidate for such a procedure and covered by insurance in 12-18 months. Anyone have any advice or heard anything? My wife is against crossing the big pond and visiting Dr. Zeegers. Thanks for any and all advice. Watching the actual surgery on
www.or-live.com/bethisrael/1245 convinced me that ADR is the way to go. Ken from Massachusetts
Old 08-25-2005, 05:29 AM

Ken is the reason your wife is against Europe is because she is scared? As you can see from me signature I went to Austria and had it done by one of the best most experience doctor in the world. Yes it is scary to do this but what is the most important reason is the experience. As you read on this board and any board experience and placement of the disc is the most important issue of the surgery. My surgery was not FDA approved and still is not so I had no other option. I work with Dr. Yue out of Yale New Haven Connecticut, I don't know where you are in Mass but it may not be that far of a ride for a second opinion and have your wife go with you and he can discuss your options. If so we are so close maybe we can talk. Just let me know.

Judy
ADR L5/S1
Diagnosed with Arachnoiditis 11/06
Old 08-25-2005, 07:29 AM

I would 2nd the Dr. Y option. I am flying from Ohio to CT to talk to Dr Y on October 12th...

Edit: In response to your insurance coverage question, I am presuming that your doctor is referring to Prodisc. If you are not aware, the current scuttlebutt is that Prodisc will (probably) be approved for U.S. usage within the next 4ish months (this is my personal opinion based on what I have heard from a few doctors, and not really based on any concrete evidence)

David