ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:58 PM

Default Re-intro after a long absence

Greetings all!

I've been busy with life lately, hence my not posting in some time. Awaiting my next bone density test, to see if I will qualify for ADR. Keeping up with my exercise and hanging in my inversion machine to continue to mitigate the pain as much as possible. Motrin as needed, usually after a few hours of work, so I'm usually on about 50% duty. Patience is a virtue...

Years of pain, discectomy, research into anatomy, hardware, clinical trials, facilities, surgeons, techniques, insurance. Attempts at ProDisc, Activ-L trials. Now, low bone density. D'oh!!!

At 61 years, no longer qualifying for trials due to my age (chronological, not physical or mental).

2009 - Working on improving bone density or getting rich so I can go to Germany, where medicine and insurance have gone beyond the Stone Age.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Question Rein blows in with a storm...

Rein,

By now, of course, I noticed your posts. Thanks for letting us know what your spine world is all about in terms of the latest news (sorry).

Looking ahead, do you see fusion as an OK option for you? If your T scores (bone density) are borderline, what will you do? Also, what dietary changes have you made in effort to change the bone densities? Lastly, do you know if your osteopenia/porosis is localized? Or is it limited to certain levels in your lumbar spine?

I have a question for you and others: if bone densities throughout the body are healthy and consistent, but not in certain areas of the spine, what does mean in terms of both diagnosis & treatment? And can any dietary, supplemental or pharma drugs change this localized condition? I think this is an important question.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate