ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 05-14-2006, 10:51 AM

Hi Eric,
yes I was interested in that attachment, where did that come from?

I know just what you mean about people looking for a grey-haired pilot, if you saw Mr Lam who is probably one of the best ADR surgeons in the UK, he looks so young many patients wonder if they are talking to the right doctor.

Take care, and I'm sure that those aches and pains will vanish over the next few weeks
best,
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 05-16-2006, 08:16 AM

I must add that at 10 months post-op with my Charite, I feel great. I have taken a few nasty spills recently, and I haven't experienced any major side effects or trauma. Based on my post-op x-rays, my disc should be in excellent position. Hope this helps, Eric.
http://www.myspace.com/luvmysibe
http://www.xanga.com/luvmysibe
"A smile is contagious, be a carrier ."
Old 05-17-2006, 10:02 AM

Crystal
Thanks for your input. I probably worry to much if the truth is known. I do want to start riding my Harley as soon as I can. I am going on my 5 week now and feel pritty good today. A little sore from yard work yesterday. I will be right at 7 weeks next time I see my Doc on 5 June. I hope then he will give me a release to start riding. My wife said she will not ride with me until the Doc give the ok. I rode the JD lawn tractor yesterday mowing the lawns and I felt fine I told her, that made little difference to her so I guess I will wait and see what the Doc says. I think he is real conservitive type.I have been going to a Accuputerest(not sure onspeeling) twice a week since I was release from the Hospital and it sure has made a difference I believe. I healed really fast at the entry area and he helps with the pain management in the back when it flares up.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:14 PM

Hi Eric,
It is better to err on the side of caution. Since I have been given full clearance form my surgeon, I am regularly adding back the activities that I missed for almost 2 years. If you ever wonder about durability or activity post-ADR, be sure to read our ADR profiles. many of us were and now are very much on the move. As far as the motorcycle, a spill from that may be far worse than me slippling on the grass. Another thing to consider is your sitting position and body mechances. You may need to incoporate core strength building before you attempt long rides. B-T-W, my sister just moved to Federal Way in September.
http://www.myspace.com/luvmysibe
http://www.xanga.com/luvmysibe
"A smile is contagious, be a carrier ."
Old 05-17-2006, 02:08 PM

Crystal
You are correct about a spill on a MC but that would probably be the last thing I would be worried about. More concerned about the up and down movement and rough road conditions . I have a hard time believeing that a disk endplate could dislodge its self from just normal riding. I agree with you about building back the strength in my back to handle any long rides. I do beleive our yearly Sturgis Ride is not going happen this year. What brought you sister to Federal Way?
Old 05-18-2006, 03:52 AM

I'd be scared to ride a motorcycle after an ADR but I'm a chicken.

However, I did ride a cheap-o mountain bike in the Black Hills up towards Sturgis during the rally and got lots of honked horns and smiles.

ans
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.