ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:29 AM

Default 2 level mobi-c

Hi All-
Anyone out there have experience with 2 level mobi-c that was just FDA approved in August?
Thanks for your reply!
Leslie
Jan 21 M6 ADR C 5/6, 6/7 Dr Bierstedt
Old 10-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Hi Leslie....

Try a search:

ADRSupport Community - Search Forums

If you find a member that may be relevant to your question, you can send them a private message.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 10-18-2013, 09:25 PM

Leslie,

Sorry, but I can't cite a single person that's had a 2-level Mobi-C. I don't doubt that that's been performed many times; we've just never seen one here (to my knowledge). However, Dr Zeegers in Germany, who has a stellar reputation, until recently used the Mobi-C almost exclusively for cervical ADRs. If you will search for cervical outcomes for him on this and other sites, you'll probably find such outcomes.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011
Old 10-18-2013, 10:10 PM

Hi Leslie,

During my recent surgery, Dr. Bierstedt was concerned that the M6 would not fit at the C6/7 level. Plan B was the Mobi-C; Plan C was fusion.
The concept that Dr. Bierstedt does consider the Mobi-C as an alternative ADR does let me know that he has confidence in its effectiveness for implantation. He does steer clear of a few other well-known devices.

Are you considering the Mobi-C because it is FDA approved for multi-level in the U.S? This is a recent (within the last month) change with the FDA, and I would be concerned about how many MULTI-LEVEL procedures a U.S. doctor has performed. They may have many single-levels under their belt - but multi-level requires a highly advanced level of expertise.
You will more than likely have insurance coverage by staying in the US, and using a device that is FDA approved, but make sure that this device is best for your unique pathology and not that it is the only one available.
I would highly recommend sending your diagnostics to a handful of European surgeons for their treatment recommendation. You may want to address continuity as a baseline for your decision. Dr. Zeegers is one of the highly-rated surgeons (but charges a consultation fee), Dr. Bierstedt (German Spine), Dr. Clavel - Barcelona, Dr. Dare (UK), and possibly Dr. Lauryssen (spelling?) - U.S., but is looking to perform surgery in Switzerland, are just a few of the more actively discussed surgeons as of late. I'm sure there are other members on the forum that will be happy to share other names - possibly US doctors who they would highly recommend too.
Wishing you good health, Laura
C4/5 central and rightward bulging of disc and osteophyte causing mild right neural foramen stenosis narrowing and right lateral recess narrowing
C6/7 Central disc bulging and osteophyte and hypertrophy of ligamentum flavum canal stenosis and narrowing of bilateral neural foramina
Sept 9, 2013 Scheduled with Dr. Bierstedt C4/5 & C6/7 M6
Old 10-23-2013, 01:14 AM

You may want to contact Dr. Lauryssen. He told me he performed a two level Mobi-C surgery about two weeks ago.

Also, you can look at the bottom of the page for "Similar Threads". It shows a couple of threads about it.
C4/5: moderate left neural foramina narrowing
C5/6 moderate canal stenosis and severe bilateral neural foramina narrowing
C6/7 moderate canal stenosis and severe bilateral neural foramina narrowing
C7/T1: Unremarkable
Old 10-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Exclamation

RP, good advice -- similar topics below. Especially the studies -- with doctors involved in them.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 04-29-2014, 08:57 PM

Default Mobi-c

Probably Dr Hyun Bae in Santa Monica, he did the studies for the Mobi-c disc.
Scapular nerve burn due to spasms starting 12/5/13, alleviated with massage, valium, creams.
Sharp pains in neck/shoulder area, alleviated with Tylenol4. Etodolac regimen start 4/21/14.
PT/steroids from 12/11/13 provides temp relief only.
3/3/14 Prodisc surgery denied by BC.
3/25/14 Mobi-c surgery denied by BC. Appeal approved (Prodisc).
5/27/14 ADR surgery with Dr. Bae scheduled.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:58 PM

Leslie,
I am currently appealing my insurance denial for a two level cervical mobi-c at c5-6 and 6-7.

My surgeon, Dr. Richard Wohns in Pyuallup, WA has performed many many of these. You can check out his website at NeoSpine - Home - Spinal Surgery, Pain Management, Puyallup, Seattle, Poulsbo, Washington, WA

I'm confident in this device as an option for me, and I am more than confident in my surgeon who recommended it.
MRI 6/5/14- Ruptured L4-5, bulge at L2-3 and L5-S1 Dr recommends discectomy of L4-5 but won't do surgery until cervical is stable
8/2014- 8 months/3 rounds of appeals, Aetna denies 2 level cervical ADR
2 level ADR w/ mobi-c C5-7 Jan 7, 2015
Old 05-05-2014, 09:03 PM

Default Mobi L

Did not know this, but there is a Mobi-L, but not sure if this is approved for use in the USA.

Still want the M6, but not saying anyone has to have this.

I too, will now start to work on my appeal.

It is hard to believe, this is like trying to talk in a foreign land, afraid the neighbors will hear you talk evil about the leader or others, and be taken away in the middle of the night..., This is not Voodoo. This is NOT evil.

L2-3 herniation, two days before Thanksgiving, 2012, Discectomy/Laminectomy, 3/13 Numbness in the right leg, lateral femoral, gone, July 10, 2014 L45 M6 ADR, July 15 PLIF L5-S1, Not able to access L51 Anterior.