ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 01-28-2007, 07:06 PM

hello everyone i'm rayray. it's great to find a site like this one. well i'll start off by saying that i've had some back problems for some time, but then two years ago i was in a car accident and now l4 l5 and l5 s1 are trashed. i went to dr.delamarter and he said i needed prodisc adr, but the bad thing is that at the time of the accident i had kaiser which i couldn't afford shortly after the accident and now i have no insurance. i was hoping to find a ppo that would cover the surgery but don't know which companies cover it here in cali, if any since all of my mri's are going to be dated before my coverage would start. please help me with suggestions on an insurance provider, or am i screwed? thank you all very much
anular tear L5-S1
DDD L5-S1
4 medrol dose packs
3 epidurals
darvocet, vicoden and tylenol4

Old 01-28-2007, 10:16 PM

1st choice should be Aetna...you will have a pre existing condition but ck into it...hopefully that should only mean you have to wait 6 mos or so.

btw..according to Charite's website, Kaiser is supposed to be covering ADR. see http://www.charitedisc.com/charitedev/domestic/patients...r2/docs/coverage.pdf

I don't know your employment or income situation but this was a good read on your problem...see

http://www.medsave.com/health-insurance-articles/Findin...dical-conditions.htm

sorry..I keep thinking of new things to add...one last note: keep your eyes peeled for any new clinical trials that might allow for 2 levels. I myself and hoping activ L will do a 2 level study.

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop