ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 10-08-2006, 07:56 PM

Hi, all

Well, Tuesday (sometime - find out tomorrow) is my Dynesys procedure. There's so much to do prior to the surgery that I forgot how stressful this is!

We own our own business (did I mention that earlier?) and I am the office manager/accounts payable clerk. So, needless to say, I'm trying to get all the bills in the computer and paid (where's the money coming from?) before my surgery. And, my payroll/accounts receivable clerk is also going on vacation Tuesday. What timing, huh?

Plus the laundry, etc, etc, etc. You'd think with all I'm doing I'd not be thinking about it. But, I am. Took a trip to Nebraska to see my folks this weekend. I drove when I could - pain permitting (okay, not much) and then my husband took over - most of the way to and from.

The trip just solidified the necessity of this surgery, but I'm not looking forward to the "down/recoup" time. We run the business out of our home so I'm never alone. Which is good and bad.

When I'm convalesing (sp) I want to be left alone. But, at least someone will be here if I need them.

*sigh* rambling again! Thanks for letting me.
PLIF L5/S1 - hdwr removed when C6/7 revision
PLIF L4/5 & Dynesys L3/4 10/10/06. Looking forward to living again.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:38 PM

Good luck on Tuesday. I'm not too familiar with the Dynesys procedure but I do wish you all the best. (I'll have to do some reading up on it.) You'll be in my thoughts. Oh, and don't worry about rambling...we're always here to listen.

Take care,
Andrea
Old 10-09-2006, 03:34 AM

wishing you a speedy and pain free recovery big red.
best wishes
and may the force be with you
chuck
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5
Old 10-09-2006, 05:16 AM

Thank you Andrea and Chuck for your well wishes.

The pain prior to this surgery is so much different than prior to my PLIF that I am second guessing myself which is also hard. Prior to my PLIF at every movement I was in constant bone crunching muscle spasms. So much so that I begged for an epidural 3 weeks prior which did help a bit.

THIS pain, although there is bad back pain, is more in my legs and more so when I sit. So, it's not constant. The back pain itself I suppose would not send me to surgery (however, it's bad at times but not the spasms.) The leg pain is. But because it's not a constant thing shen it's absent I think I could live this way without the surgery.

OMG!!!! Why do things have to be so hard???? Oops, thanks for letting me ramble - again!
PLIF L5/S1 - hdwr removed when C6/7 revision
PLIF L4/5 & Dynesys L3/4 10/10/06. Looking forward to living again.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:56 AM

red
if its any thing like adr you will wake with no back pain but then again this procedure has screws so i am probaly wrong on that one. now the legs will take time as i have had major leg pain for 8 weeks now and still counting now mind you the legs are starting to feel a bit better with PT and stretching at home. i believe the number is nerves grow 1mm a month so it could take some time.
and recovery is a mad process {a real roller coaster ride}
best wishes
and again good luck please keep us posted.
chuck
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5