ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Cutting Edge

The Cutting Edge Find authoritative insights from medical professionals, manufacturers, and guest visitors. Also find a current list of clinical trials. This is a read-only forum.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Default Dr. Alan MacDonald: Pathologist, Lyme Disease Expert

I am honored to share a recent interview with Dr. Alan MacDonald, a gifted researcher, seasoned pathologist, passionate educator and all-around good guy. His wealth of knowledge in the biology of Lyme disease will knock your socks off! A few excerpts:

"...And I was able to grow the Lyme spirochete from four of four Alzheimer’s brains from George Glenner’s Alzheimer’s Brain Bank at the University of California at San Diego..."

"...the work continues and we are finishing a case study from a German physician who had Alzheimer’s disease; had high levels of antibodies to the Lyme spirochetes, actually three different strains in his spinal fluid..."

"...finding the spirochete at the site of the Alzheimer injury is not any different from finding the strep at the site of the strep throat, or finding the bacteria at the site of the ruptured appendix, or finding the syphilis spirochete at the site of the general paresis. There is no difference..."

"...Now think about it. One spirochete and one lineage, one set of proteins, one DNA, is going to be the ruler for diagnosing any and all of the bacterial spirochetal and Borrelia infections in the United States. We now know there are at least 100 different genotypes of Borrelia burgdorferi for our USA type..."

"...the syphilis spirochete could outwit the immune system in many, man ways. And it could do inside of cells and hide inside of cells. It could hide in areas of the body which we call sanctuary sites where the immune system does not get to very easily; like it hides in brain because brain is a sanctuary site. It hides in the eye because the eye is a protected site and the immune system does not get into the eye.."

"...The ultimate survival mechanism is the biofilm. And what is a biofilm? Biofilm is different from a single microbe. It is a community of microbes. And the community of microbes are specialized. So you have the equivalent of carpenters, electricians, accountants, you know, sanitary engineers. And all these specialized members of the community have specialized functions which are different from the single microbe, which started the community growing. And, they surround this community with a protective layer of what is called extracellular matrix.

It is a protective layer of material that includes DNA from the bug, proteins that came from the bugs that are once living but are now dead, and they form a glue that holds the community together. The community is serviced by it’s own waste removal system. It has canals, water canals. So, nutrients can flow in and waste can flow out. It has its own communication system. It has both nano wires like electrical wires or telephone wires. It has nano tubes..."

The Biology of Lyme Disease: An Expert's Perspective - YouTube
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 08-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Default Update on this interview

I am in the final stages of completing the (final) version of my on-camera interview with Dr. Alan MacDonald, a highly-credentialed pathologist and Lyme disease researcher. In his accomplished career as a pathologist, he has documented Borrelia's role in stillborn deaths; dementia and a list of other horrible conditions.

He co-discovered Borellia's ability to create biofilm with Dr. Eva Sapi, which in part leads to chronic Lyme disease. By his careful research, he's exposed one misconception after another. For example, most doctors are trained to look for a bulls-eye rash as part of the diagnosis. MacDonald has identified and confirmed that many other rash types can present -- as well as none at all.

A picture is worth a thousand words -- see some of the photos on my facebook site here. Please share this with others, it may save them a lifetime of suffering and premature death!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate