ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:25 PM

Default Hey Optimistic, my mailbox has room now. ;-)

I finally got logged back in to this site after getting a message that you sent a note but my mailbox was full. . Please try again and I'll give you my private email...I think I have room for two on here now.

Sorry for the frustration!

L4/5/S1- Mod. narrowing, bulging disc, significant hypertrophy of flava lig.

Highly allergic to all metals.

NEW: 3/16/2010: Successful surgery in Brazil w. Dr. Pimenta; Nuvasive NeoDisc at C5/6, and XLIF & ALIF at L4/5/S1 w. PEEK cages. No rods, screws, plates. Non-metal lumbar ADR not available at present time, so went with fusion.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:26 PM

Hey opt,

The guy that had his surgery the same day as mine had an anterior posterior surgery. I don't know the specifics. He told me it would take the doctors over an hour to switch himself to the other position. The few days post op he was definitely having some difficulty and I was doing better. By the time we left Medicos we were at par, perhaps advantage to him, he was younger than myself.
He had his surgery same time as mine December and was back at work in June I was told.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:58 PM

Hi Stonewall,
I have heard about this one hour interval to prep the OR and flip the patient. If there is significant work on two sides, one surgeon suggested that it may result in 2 separate surgeries, depending on how my body responds to many hours of procedures. The other surgeon suggested that I may want to see how some of the procedures, like decompression & ADR work on 2 levels before considering posterior decompression and work on a third level.

I have consults set up with Dr. C & Dr. B and will know more after I speak with them. Thanks for your input.
2013/2014 – Dessication and significant disc height loss at L4-L5 & L5-S1; L3-L4 disc bulge with hypertrophy; mild spinal stenosis; Grade 1 anterolisthesis (3mm); L4-L5 - marginal spurring and moderate hypertrophy causing neuroforaminal narrowing; L5-S1 - moderate-severe neuroforaminal narrowing; lumbar lordosis is straightening.

New pains & functional limitations in late 2013 led to exploring ADR procedures. Consulted with 8 surgeons domestically and 9 in Europe.
May 2014 – Anterior and posterior incisions in a 5-hour surgery resulted in 2 M-6s and one facet joint prosthesis (dynamic stabilization system). On the road to full recovery.