ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 09-17-2005, 02:03 PM

Hi Juli,
I only had a one-level ADR and I realize that's much less than you're facing. However, because of this forum, lots of research, and faith in my surgeons, I went into surgery fear-free. It felt so right. My wish for you is that same confidence and a speedy recovery.

Mars
Kineflex ADR L5-S1 July 19, 2005
Old 09-19-2005, 01:36 AM

Juli

Good luck on the upcoming big day for you. I know what you mean re: eating before the surgery I was not certain what to do. I ate very light for 2 days. Lots of salads and the day before drank much of my diet until the evening when I got such a headache I had to eat. I ate a small spinach salad with egg salad. (Thanks Dan) Everything went fine but yes things slow down a lot and take a while to get back on track.

Follow your doctors orders mine said nothing after 12am. I drank as much water as I could at 11:45 and was still able to pee before surgery at 12 pm. I recommend that you drink as much water as you can the 2 days before surgery. I think we don�t talk enough about the importance of being very hydrated before surgery.

Look forward to your update, you will be in my prayers.

God Bless
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
http://prodisc2.blogspot.com/
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything