ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 03-25-2005, 10:33 AM

Hi my name is Ginny,I'm so glad I've found this group,I hope I can start to look forward now .I've had Arach since 1983 although I wasn't diagnosed until 91 when I was advised to register Disabled.I also have Fibromyalgia and the Chronic Fatigue that goes with it1 In 2000 I had a stroke which affected my right side,speech etc.I'm ok now with my speech except when I get overtired,then I start talking back to front and don't make much sense.I have a lovely hubby,we've been married for 31 years,a son called Stephen and a daughter,Clare.We also have a mad boxer dog called Dirty Harry and a neurotic cat with the original name of Tigger!One of the main reasons I joined the group ,is because,I honestly think I've got as far as I'm going to with my doctor with regards to my Arach.He admits he doesn't know enough about it and keeps telling me nothing can be done,so just keep taking the tablets and painkillers,which are Co-Codamol and rest when I need to.The last time I went ,2 weeks ago I had to explain the embarassing problem,that I feel I'm losing control and sensation of my bladder and bowels.He said blood tests I'd had done were ok and prescribed Gaviscon for "indigestion".I've also been told that I should be used to the symptoms by now and just get on with my life!!I realise I'm going to have to take matters into my own hands and try to help myself.I wondered of any members could tell me of any vitamins and suppliments that they find helps them.My doctor said I didn't need them if I ate the right foods,but I know with some drugs things like calcium and zinc can't be absorbed into the system so I feel I should be taking them as suppliments.I know I have a very low Immune System so surely I could take something to help that.I really feel so lost as to what to do and I 'm sure you know what I mean,when I say I feel so tired especially in a morning, I've actually started to feel "what's the point"!I hope I haven't moaned too much I'm not usually a moaner,in fact people are always saying to me "you always seem so cheerful Ginny",but do you know what,this last few weeks I've found it hard to be cheerful,I don't like it either but I just feel LOW!I hope I can contribute to the group as well as get some suggestions from some of you.Look forard to hearing from you,until then take care ,love Ginny xx
Old 03-25-2005, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Good lord, Ginny, you've been through so much. I hope that your new friends here in the community can help you. Glad you found us...

Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate