ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:59 PM

Default Short term disability?

Is there any form of short term disability that can help while I am out of work? I cannot return for up to 8 weeks and hoping to get some relief. Any and all help appreciated?!?

Aug 2008~ seen an orthopedic doctor who said there was no injury. ( MRI report said different)

2009 ~ found a different orthopedic doctor to review my injury and found that i had a torn disc and a transitional segment in L4-L5 maybe L5 - S1

June 2009 ~ Discography shows positive DDD L5-S1

Spet 2010 ~ Had ADR L4-L5 with the FLD clinical trial

Last edited by TheFerrell; 09-14-2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Wrong subject name
Old 09-24-2010, 04:26 PM

I think it depends on your employer. I have to use 240hrs (1 month worth) of my own vacation time then short term will kick in for the next month. Anything after that would be long term disability.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:23 AM

Default Concur....

Agree with Jerry.....short term disability is completely employer dependent. My company is pretty good, in that I only have to eat one week of vacation before short-term disability kicks in. After 6 months it transitions to long-term. Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress....

Alan
4/07:LBP + radiculopathy=severe L5-S1 herniation , 7/07:Micro-D, 08-09:Reherniation, 09-17: periodic residual symptoms (conservative modalities to maintain "stability" = prolotherapy, ESI/nerve blocks/facet injections, chiro, massage, phys ther), 7/17 pain in neck/right shoulder radiating into hand (no trauma involved), 7-10/17 Conservative treatment to date include physical therapy/dry-needling/facet-injections (C4/5 to C6/7). Researching surgical options should progression continue.