ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:39 AM

I've done some research and have found that adr procedures are widely accepted by Aetna. I don't have insurance and haven't had any for just about three years (as of next month). I've contacted Aetna and have received fairly inexpensive quotes. I have a a questions for anyone willing to help. Does Texas Back Institute accept Aetna insurance? I ask because I'm trying to figure out if they would be considered in-network.
Still experience chronic lumber pain but complete numbness on right side is gone t
Old 02-20-2007, 05:56 AM

TBI does accept Aetna. I just had my first appt with them last week and they accepted it and they are submitting my request for a two-level ADR surgery to Aetna.

You might want to check with Aetna about their pre-existing condition policies before you commit though, since you probably have seen a doctor for your back issues and they'll have proof you had the issue before you became insured. They probably have a waiting period before you can claim anything as big as surgery.
L4/L5, L5/S1 herniated and bulging, Discogram confirmed
Three spinal nerve blocks, One SI joint nerve block, 8 wks of PT, pain/anti-inflammatory meds
L4/5, L5/S1 ProDisc ADR with Dr. Zigler at Texas