ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Naturopathic Corner

The Naturopathic Corner This forum contains posts relating to natural and alternative therapies, general nutrition and nutritional therapies, supplementation and more.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Lightbulb Getting more O2 into your body

I've dipped my toe in the O2 area of therapeutics after reading Ed McCabe's book on oxygen. It was a real eye-opener and very interesting.

We've all heard of hydrogen peroxide, this is a more descriptive assessment of how it's been used for therapeutic applications for decades. It's a good overview article... let me know what you think.
Attached Files
File Type: docx HYDROGEN PEROXIDE.docx (31.5 KB, 17 views)
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 01-06-2012, 02:00 PM

I want to learn more...
C4-5: Mild disc height loss with central annular fissure. Small broad-based left paracentral disc protrusion. Moderate central canal stenosis-the disc protrusion abuts and mildly flattens the left ventral surface of the spinal canal.

C5-6: Disc desiccation with mild height loss.Diffuse discosteophyte bulge and uncovertebral joint hypertrophy, moderate central canal stenosis- Severe neuroforaminal stenosis bilaterally, right greater than left.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:25 PM

Default H2o2

Think I'll try it on my plants this spring as described! I need to keep up my basic New Year Resolution of using my vitamins religiously before testing anything else out! Thanks for posting - interesting and new info for me.
http://healthyback2011.blogspot.com/
Old 01-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Default O2 therapy

Thx for posting. I read this article with interest last year and almost forgot about it. After I read the book I mentioned, I revisited all the articles I stored away…

Since then, I’ve methodically planned to get more O2 into my body:

- More plants in my office;
- More outside time, breathing, exercising;
- Purchased two oxygen supplements (food grade H2O2, Mag O7).

I started Mag O7 a few months ago and was surprised with the effects:

- Deeper sleeping;
- Change in BMs: more odorous (cleaning of tract) easier (no problem before);
- Mild soreness in the hips and lower back.

A few weeks ago, I started the H2O2 therapy and slowly --- so glad I did! Since I may have candidiasis (mentioned in the article), I started with only three drops daily. It had an immediate effect, but this time it was much more pronounced. I was really sore in my hips and in my lower back, and wondered if my unusual injury (see my post-op topic) was causing me pain or problems. I stopped the O2 treatment, and the pain completely subsided.

I now believe that what I read in the book and in this article is entirely rational and helpful to me. I definitely would NOT recommend the liquid therapy to anyone, given the attention to detail that is required and the unknown risks presented to each unique person. The Mag O7 might be a safer, lower dose, lower risk option. Whatever you decide, talk to your doctor -- who will then look at you like you have three heads (instead of the usual two).

Some points I’d like to emphasize here:

- This is not an established therapy in the strictest sense; but ozone therapy is practiced nationwide for wound treatment and increasingly in dental care. It has been used internationally for decades for a range of maladies;
- I was pain-free before I started both therapies; I experienced lower back pain during the therapy. Stopping it, I returned to a pain-free state;
- My doctor did not condone or oversee this process;
- I don’t know if this is a “magical” remedy for everyone – I don’t think it is. While oxygen may help the immune system, and even “zap” free radicals, it may actually help certain biofilms (and bacteria) grow. Here’s a recent article that speaks to that biofilm biology. If you can, click through to the article and read it carefully. It's one of the best overviews on biofilms I've ever seen.

Hope this helps and stimulates reading, questions and comments.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:52 PM

This has peeked my interest--hmm. Thanks for sharing.
‘10 Lumbar pain retnd worse. DDD L5/S1, sm disc protru, annular tears, L4-5 mild facet,L5/S1-Injections min relief.
Dec 2011 Prodisc L/5 S/1 Dr. Blumenthal
Old 12-06-2012, 10:53 PM

I'm looking into this now too! Interesting that IBOM was shut down by the FDA...
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Indeed Lillyth. You're a good sleuther, let me know if you find any legal documents on this. In the meantime, you may have seen this:

Self-Treatment for AIDS, Oxygen Therapies, Etc. (book excerpt)

Old 12-06-2012, 11:22 PM

Why thank you sir!

Over the years I have become suspect of anything the FDA shuts down. In short, if they shut it down it was probably because it worked and didn't make money for Big Pharma.

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/ICECI/E.../UCM065608.pdf

This technology is older than even the AMA. Tesla himself was using it, and it was good enough for Tesla... OxyFile #032 - Chronological Ozone Medical References

It is common sense really. Oxygen kills AIDS, right? We all know this. The second it hits air it dies. The natural solution is to introduce oxygen into the blood stream. VOILA! No more AIDS!

I am seriously looking into having this done. I found a list of nearby practitioners, but we will see how many of them have been shut down by the FDA. One already so far in my research.

I hate the FDA.
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.