ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Shanti

For weeks now, I have hardly been able to get out of bed in the morning due to pain in my upper buttocks area. It is a burning type of pain. Once I am up and walking, I am mostly fine. I went to the chiroprachter last week but it did not help. What's going on? Thanks so much.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:50 PM

Hi Shanti,

Have you had a surgery yet? I have posted under burning pain post-op.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:25 AM

I get this, particlarly with cold or wet weather and same as you - I can't stay in bed because the ache is quite strong, but it dissipates quickly with walking around. Two other things I've found that help are: 1) heating pad and 2) stretching the hips. I have problems from L2 through S1. My hips and SI joints have been x-rayed and are apparently find with only minimal findings - so it must be from my back. Oh yes - I take 100 mg of amitryptiline at night - otherwise I'd wake up all night long due to back/hip/leg symptoms. This really helps me to sleep well. I've tried lower dosages but they're not enough for me. Don't know whether it would help you, too!?
Onset of severe fibromyalgia in 6/95, undiagnosed for 2 years while lived in UK
About 1998 o