ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 08-30-2005, 10:13 AM

My pre-implant discogram & CT showed zero pressure at four levels and no die containment,,,Since the
Charite implant at two level L45/S1 I have a life again,but presurgical damage was extensive...All this is buildup to a question....Has anyone else who filed for disability LTD had the carrier try to claim that bad discs were "mental nervous" conditions,thus limiting their disability coverage?
Seems like a huge insurance scam,and I am curious to know if others have had the same problems...
Old 08-30-2005, 10:29 AM
Banned

It seems like a shakey stance for the insurance company to take... since you have clinical data that demonstrates pathology at 4 levels, plus a positive outcome from your surgery!

Just more BS from payers who don't want to pay.

Congrats on your outcome!

Mark
Old 08-30-2005, 11:02 AM

just found your other forum...if you were like me
when the search for relief started there was no such forum. I found adr in FDA studies & searched for a clinic...Things were lonely as hell until I found Europe. After this two year ordeal what I've found is that there are so damn many of us, and so few that have the slightest clue where to go or what to do & most still believe their US docs who feed them the party line....thanks for the reply...lpm
Old 08-30-2005, 12:22 PM
Banned

I have LTD from my last employer and SSD~ stopped working as RN,NP in 2000. Had a 20 plus year history of back pain, problems and so forth, however had a failed back surgery in '92 so when the dx "failed back syndrome" was given it seems that has authenticated my claim.

Early on with my spine problems the mental nervous condition was thrown on me when I continued to complain of pain..

While the DDD has been progressive over the years, and I'd had 2 previous spine surgeries before my last employment, it was found (supposedly) that the last job aggravated the condition, therefore benefits were payable to me.

Be tenacious with whatever you're claiming and make sure you have the correct catch phrase diagnosis for the paperwork. Most important for doctor/surgeon to be skilled in filling out paperwork correctly (putting correct dx(s)) SSD/LTD type of claims.

I was notified 6 months after I filed for LTD that I would receive benefits, and that was 6 months after I had been awarded SSD.

Good luck, hope that you're doing better with your Charite implants~ Maria
Old 08-31-2005, 06:31 PM

I haven't had any disability coverage issues yet, aside form having to appeal to the state board for approval of my ADR. My injury was witnessed by a room full of educators so there wasn't much arguement about the cause of my pain. Disability laws and requirements vary from state to state. Do you have a good working relationship with your disability case manager? Throughout my injury and recovery I have maintained a positive working relationship with my claims adjuster. This has really helped when I've hit a bump in the road.

Be vigilant,
Crystal
http://www.myspace.com/luvmysibe
http://www.xanga.com/luvmysibe
"A smile is contagious, be a carrier ."