ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:24 PM

Default Falling on the floor 12 weeks after 1 level cervical Adr

Dear Friends, I was doing great 12 weeks post surgery but yesterday I fell on the floor full force into my right arm in order not to hit the floor with the face. First 1 minute numbness on both hands and a strange feeling on my back and body (like a knock out) after couple of minutes numbness decreased and now only minor numbness on one of the fingers. Also some scapula pain, and minor irradiation but nothing very worrisome. I went to do an X-ray today, will send to dr Clavel the x ray tomorrow to hear his opinion but for my amateur eyes perspective everything looks in the correct place on the x ray. I have the impression that for some reason I may have caused some minor damage, (no idea what type, any opinions?) maybe receded some weeks on the healing process etc. Hopefully nothing serious and will be back to where I was in a couple of days, but very strange feeling. Will keep an update since I can imagine that this is a topic of interest for all of us. Anyone had any similar experience? Thabks
Old 05-30-2017, 01:27 PM

That is terrifying! Hope it was more of a scare than anything else! How are you feeling today?
1st opinion- Recommended 1 level Fusion- NOPE
2nd opinion-Recommended Mobi-c, Dr had only implanted 5.
3rd opinion- Recommended Mobi-C, not crazy about the guy.
4th opinion: Recommended Mobi-C, Dr Blumenthal

June 6, 2017 C5/C6 Mobi-C disc replacement with Dr. Blumenthal at Texas Back Institute!!

Ready to get back to an active lifestyle!
Old 05-30-2017, 10:07 PM

Sorry about your fall. Please try not to be too worried until you know you have something to worry about. Also Clavel apparently has seen this many times, and may not get back to you too quickly, as usually it is nothing to worry about.

My story is that exactly 14 days from 3 level Clavel surgery, I fell backwards, cracked my head in a whiplash movement, passed out, blood everywhere, and ended up with 8 staples to close the wound on the back of my head. Like you, I was worried with an accident of this force so soon following surgery, esp since my terrible arm pain returned, would not go away after many weeks, was worse when I turned my head right, and I live alone. It certainly delayed my return to work.

However, long story short, MRIs, xrays , ct , nerve tests, the devices never moved, and I have low bone density. I did do serious facet damage at the levels above the M6s and tore my rotator cuff pretty good. So I still have pain from those two things even today. But M6s stayed right where they were placed (so far, anyway). Clavel, God bless him, was with me every step of the way, even though none of the issues related to his work. You should be fine. Don't let your mind trick you.
C5-C6:Moderate disc osteophytes. Mild-moderate canal stenosis. Moderate-severe bilateral foraminal stenosis.
C6-C-7:Mild-moderate disc osteophytes. Mild canal stenosis. Moderate left and moderate-severe right foraminal stenosis.
June 29,2016-3 level M6 (C4-C7) Dr. Clavel Barcelona
Old 05-31-2017, 07:21 AM

Thank you all of you for your encouraging messages. I feel that this is a great community to be at, so no words for all the support. Just talked to Yolanda and Dr Clavel should look at the images soon (hopefully this week). Even though I have some pain after the fall on the surgery nerve root, specially at night (3 out of 10) I continue with my regular life an activity. Would also like to mention to anyone who is doing and ADR: try not to fall for the first couple of months, is not a good feeling, but is also not the end of the world. All the best!