ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:26 AM

Thanks so much! That points me in the right direction. I'm half way there... I have a European power converter set and wifi card. I just can't imagine not being "connected" to the rest of the world. Even using an internet station somewhere would be sufficient. Thanks again!
L4/5 & L5/S1.
-Chiropractic treatment
-3 Failed injections
-Orthopedic Massage
Prodisc Surgery on 2/22/07 Dr. Yue
Yale New Haven Hospital, CT
L4/L5 & L5/S1
Back
Old 10-05-2006, 10:29 AM

Since both Dean and I are L4-L5 and L5-S1, and are both going to visit Dr. B, it will be interesting to see if he uses Prodisc and/or Activ-L for us....

David
Old 10-05-2006, 10:48 AM

david
it will be prodisc thats what dr b prefers
just before surgery i told dr b to use what he felt was best and i woke with a shinny new prodisc.
chuck
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5
Old 10-05-2006, 10:53 AM

kim
i had signed with t-mobile before hand on a month to month at 39.95 a month.
dont forget portable dvdplayer and dvds. as there only two english speaking tv channels.
chuck
facet block neg
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5
Old 10-07-2006, 02:38 AM

one needs to open or have a bank of america account for depit if used at deucte bank {sp} theres no fees and the most reasonable exchange rates.
chuck
facet block neg
3 surgeons later
Old 10-07-2006, 03:46 AM

Welcome to the board. I too went to Europe (Dr. B used to do surgery in Austria) on Dr. Yue's advice. As a matter of fact I am going to Dr. Yue Monday for my 2 year checkup. I am very happy with the results although I do have permanent nerve damage in my upper left thigh which is very painful. I also have a very good pain management doctor in New Haven, if you need him let me know and I can give you his contact information.
I am very curious as to what Dr. Yue will be saying, I had a three level with a fusion in between.
Good Luck and I am also in Connecticut and if I can help you in anyway please feel free to contact me.

Judy
ADR L5/S1
Diagnosed with Arachnoiditis 11/06
Old 10-07-2006, 05:51 AM

You are all so very helpful! The info. you're all giving me is great. Super- I have a Bank of America account. The Romerhof... is that driving or walking distance to the hospital? (A kitchenette would be GREAT to have.) We have a lot up in the air right now in terms of plans because we have no way to get around bringing our two babies with us (ages 5 months and 22 months.) We're trying to get Dean's father or my mother to go with us to help with the babies, so I can help Dean. The baby factor is the only thing we're actually perplexed about right now. The normal planning seems much easier to figure out, since we have the experience of you all to help. I haven't read of anyone yet that's had to bring babies or children. I'd rather not even deal with renting a car if possible because I don't know what one would have to do about carseats! Judy- thanks for writing and I'd like to hear how your appt. w/ Dr. Yue goes. It's nice to meet people in your own state who have have done this and I look forward to talking with you! We're about 45 minutes from New Haven, but I used to work in New Haven as a DCF Social Worker, so I'm familiar with it a bit. And Matt- I'll be anxious to hear about everything you both go through and I'm sure I'll have some questions for you. It's already comforting to have all of you, our new friends!
L4/5 & L5/S1.
-Chiropractic treatment
-3 Failed injections
-Orthopedic Massage
L4/L5 & L5/S1
Back
Old 10-07-2006, 07:49 AM

Kim,
I'm another CT resident who Dr Yue sent to Dr B. I was one of the first Americans to have surgery in Bogen. Dean will go to either Bogen or Straubing. Dr B operates out of both facilities. It's only a 20-30 min car ride between the two. If at all possible I'd recommend renting a car. You'll be over there a min 3 weeks and will want to get out. Perhaps you can rent a van? And perhaps the car rental agency has car seats you can rent?
It's alot to deal with right now, but it will all work out. The people over there are wonderful. I went with my parents who are in their 80s and I'm not sure who was taking care of who...lol

Ann
Old 10-07-2006, 08:54 AM

Dear Ann,
Great thought about a van.. they must have carseats. We drove in Rome, so if we drove there, we can drive anywhere!! We were just told by Dean's father a few minutes ago that if my mother can't go, either Dean's father or mother WILL be able to go. That's a relief. Now we have baby coverage, Dean coverage, and enough non-injured bodies to wrangle the luggage and babies! Ok, I feel like a plan is formulating. We keep joking that we're going to be the Griswolds going overseas, like National Lampoons, and how funny is it that we live in Griswold, CT?
L4/5 & L5/S1.
-Chiropractic treatment
-3 Failed injections
-Orthopedic Massage
L4/L5 & L5/S1
Back
Old 10-07-2006, 06:22 PM

If you're wondering about getting out, don't pass up the chance to go into Munich ans see the sights. Laura and I spent a week after her L5-S1 Charite going to the, mostly, free stuff. If you bring along a small pad, you can generally find a place to sit or stretch out a bit. The mass transit system in Munich is great so you can either choose to take a train in or drive to the outskirts and take the transit system in.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog