ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 01-16-2006, 09:01 PM

Was wondering if there are any success stories out there of those who used the Vivotek bed or Synoptic Therapy for LBP. I used the Vivotek for 60 treatments with no change. Had worsened pain and stopped treatment--but I don't think the worsened pain was from the treatment. Dr. wants to try Synoptic Therapy (think I spelled it right) which is something new, I think. Not much on the internet about it. Supposed to control pain but is not a cure for herniations. Thanks.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Lee, I googled both terms and found nothing...are you thinking about traction for "pumping" this discs to get fluid back into them? I do occasional pull ups and "light" swimming, seems to be working...but every condition is different.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 01-19-2006, 10:20 PM

Synaptic therapy is pretty new--even my conservative dr. didn't know about it. I did find it once under Google--only one site though--but I didn't see it again when I just looked. Here is the link for Vivatek. Sorry about the typo! You'd think I could spell it after 60 visits!
http://www.vivatek.com/doct/cjamart.html
Old 01-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Interesting pictures of the annulus -- the descriptions are interesting, relative to traction and maintaining healthy discs. It makes me wonder about future PT programs, perhaps for people that don't even have spine problems!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 01-21-2006, 11:31 AM

Everytime I saw a patient getting on or off the bed, I would ask them if they had success. Most did, which gave me hope. I personally am starting to think that maybe if the problem is caught early on, before the disc degenerates too much, it might work--or if it is just an alignment problem--it could work. I think my disc is probably "too dead" after 3 years. The Dr. first told me it would take 60 treatments. After 60 treatments, she says, "a minimum of 60 treatments" but I would think after 3-4 months I would have felt something? I'd hate it if I walked away too soon but I can't afford to keep wasting money on stuff. I'm already about 70k in the medical bills for stuff that hasn't worked. The dr. offered me the synaptic therapy for free (wants me to be the success-story spokesperson if she heals me) but I guess it is more like a stronger version of the TENS unit. My "conservative" dr. thinks it could just give temporary relief but not a cure....