ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 07-16-2005, 02:41 PM

Someone had the idea of contacting different media all at the same time. It may have been Kat. It is a good idea, so let's start with the Today Show. Submit your insurance story to Don Nash, Supervising Producer, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, Room 374E, New York,NY 10112. I plan to mail mine on Mon. or Tues. Let me know if you send in a letter, so we can see after a couple of weeks how many letters were actually sent in. You might also talk some of your family members into writing a letter also. It's worth a try.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Feel free to use me as a reference / source / supporter of this frustrating battle!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 11-15-2005, 08:41 AM

New cruiser to the forum....

I really think this forum has some real potential, but it needs work.

I think the media's attention is a great idea and threads such as these need to have their own catagory or at least be placed as a sticky!

I as a knew member may have never seen this thread.

Rob
Old 11-15-2005, 01:28 PM

So do ya'll think that just ADR patients write, or insurance stories as a whole? (My 'trying' to get to ADR one day!)
I have a doooooosie, self insured / W/C I would gladly share. (I have done so locally, one of my fam works in the press too) bb
Old 11-26-2005, 04:43 PM

I really think we need as much publicity as possibly, especially since it has now been one year since the Charite disc was approved. I haven't had much luck, but I am still working on it. Local stories are good, because if they get picked up by the AP, they may get seen by other publications.

I would not recommend sending them a long detailed story. Just make your point at the beginning of your letter, and then add some additional information, and offer to send more upon request. If you think your insurance company has done something illegal, unethical, or has failed to meet its stated deadlines,etc. then by all means, include that info. For instance, in my case, the physicians supposedly making decisions about my spine include a pediatrician and a retired orthopedic surgeon. I am trying to say something in the beginning that will catch their attention and keep them reading.

I personally think it is better to send your letter by mail, if you can find an address. I know how easy it is to click delete to an email.

Florida Today recently had a really good article and I would really like to see more like it.

The more publicity we can, the better for all of us.