ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 08-20-2018, 04:03 PM

Default Upper eyelid spasm

For 3 weeks now I have been experiencing a strong upper left eyelid spasm. I have also had some in my right check area. The eye spasm is becoming increasingly uncomfortable. I am having neck pain at my C2-3 pressure behind my eyes and headaches. Any ideas?
2009 fusion with Roi-C @ C3-4
2015 MRI & CT mjr ddd @ C6-7, segmental kyphosis at C7-T1, 2-level M6-C prosthesis by Dr. Clavel Barcelona Spain
2019 H.O. formed behind M6-C @ C6-7 left nerve rt & in spinal canal.
2020 Revision C6-7 to a CP-ESP prosthesis by Dr. Schmitz Dusseldorf Germany
Old 08-26-2018, 12:23 AM

It sounds like you are experiencing occipital or trigeminal neurolga. I’ve been dealing with those symptoms for years. Welcome to the club.
Old 08-26-2018, 01:20 AM

Hi Cheryl, sorry to hear this. I had this problem too, Ortho and eye doc's had no clue except to blame it on me or some other problem. I went to a place and did brain training [bio-feedback] with electrodes placed in different positions on your head. They did a map first to see where to place sensors and then you watch images and concentrate on different things that they tell you to. Sounds crazy, but it works, or worked for me at least.I no longer have the eye lid, cheek, upper lip spasms and headaches/ migraines greatly reduced. Google places that do brain training/ bio feedback or near feedback in your area. Good luck
3 epidurals, PT, 2 MRI's,etc.
scheduled 3 times for C5-6, 6-7 fusion,
plus laminectomy at C3-4, and C 7, advised to do Bilateral lamino-foraminotomy C5-6, C6-7,a Percutaneous Discectomy L4 -L5
7/14 RFA on L3 to L5 (awake, local only)
C5-6,6-7 M-6 ADR with Dr. Clavel 9/17/14,
12/7/15 RFA L2-S1, Facet injections C2-7
6/3/16 RFA L2-S1, epidural L4,5, 8/26/16 RFA C1-7
Old 11-21-2018, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Exclamation

In my case, back in 2006, it was from mycoplasma pneumoniae which was acquired from this hospital. It was likely from intubation, as the infection settled into the brachial plexus which is neurologically dense. I had all kinds of weird sensations: top of head, eye and face twitches, etc.

22 different doctors couldn't figure it out. I had to and did.

Through the years, I've talked to many other people with these symptoms. Some had undiagnosed Lyme disease (or co-infections like Bartonella) or had recent vaccinations. Most doctors are STILL not trained in diagnosing these issues; and oddly, neurologists are the WORST at detecting these conditions!

After battling the medical system, he was finally diagnosed with a systemic bacterial infection in 2007. The mycoplasma pneumonia that disabled him could have originated from any number of sources: the surgical intubation process, the hospital, any public place, or even a tick. He visited more than twenty doctors for a diagnosis. During this difficult period, he created The Arthroplasty Patient foundation, produced its first educational film and helped spine patients get “back on their feet” with an active global discussion board. His focused research on both antimicrobials & anti-biofilm treatments led to his treatment and recovery using pharmaceutical and naturopathic agents.

Richard Longland is the creator and producer of the film Why Am I Still Sick, which began in 2009 with his on-camera interviews with bacterial biofilm authorities. Since then, he has learned a great deal about the human and economic costs associated with chronic bacterial infections — biofilms — from university researchers, medical doctors, entrepreneurs, government researchers and dental professionals.

At Ondine Biopharma, his interviews revealed that 38,000,000 people in this country have (or had) a chronic sinus problem. At Southwest Regional Woundcare Center, Dr. Randy Wolcott explained that 550,000 deaths related to biofilm infections occur annually – almost the same number of fatalities as cancer – and thirty times the number of AIDS patients lost each year. Doctor David Kennedy, a retired dentist, lamented that most adult Americans have gum disease — another bacterial biofilm condition involving chronic infection. So just how big is this stealthy healthcare epidemic? This is the profound question that forms the narrative of this unusual documentary.

https://www.arthropatient.org/
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate