ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:12 PM

Assuming ProDisc approval in the 1st Quarter of 2006 (as has been suggested here), I assume this will only be for a single level disc in the lumbar region (e.g. L4 or L3 and below)?

Does anyone have an educated estimate of when a ProDisc single level cervical disc might be approved or multiple level ProDisc lumbar herniated discs might be approved?

Also, regarding insurance, is it true that once the FDA has approved of the procudure that the insurance companies and even Medicare are then mandated to approve of such charges?
Old 12-17-2005, 08:58 AM

It is my understanding from my doctor and my devout hope that the Prodisc FDA approval in the first quarter will be for at least two lumbar levels. Unfortunately the approval by the FDA does not mandate that the insurance companies pay for the procedure. I think that the cervical Prodisc is still in clinical trials.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Banned

It would be sooo awesome if Prodisc was FDA approved for 2 level use in early '06 or anytime in '06.. I'd wait most definately, however, in speaking with my OSS he said 1 level will be approved in timeline unknown...

Alikin, I do like what you wrote tho and that'd also be my devout hope!!! ;-)
Old 12-24-2005, 03:02 PM

only if you are a federal empoyee
chuck