ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:04 PM

Default New Member

Hello All: New member here, underwent a 2 level ADR (C5-C7, M6-C) in Barcelona by Dr. Clavel late last year (10/28/2015). Still recovering from fairly severe compression that had built up over the course of >3 years. Saw numerous docs here in US that were less than helpful and quite dismissive in a couple of cases. Dr. Clavel and all of his colleagues were great and the whole experience has been well worth it so far.
-Bilateral carpal tunnel release in 2013
-Pain in hands starting in 2012 -severe
-Diagnosed with osteoarthritis in hands back in 2007 (not osteoarthritis as it turned out)
Old 03-07-2016, 12:40 AM

Welcome! Glad to hear you had a good experience with Clavel and his team. As you know, recovery takes time so hang in there! Keep us updated on your progress and glad to have you on the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primatarus View Post
Hello All: New member here, underwent a 2 level ADR (C5-C7, M6-C) in Barcelona by Dr. Clavel late last year (10/28/2015). Still recovering from fairly severe compression that had built up over the course of >3 years. Saw numerous docs here in US that were less than helpful and quite dismissive in a couple of cases. Dr. Clavel and all of his colleagues were great and the whole experience has been well worth it so far.
MRI 6/5/14- Ruptured L4-5, bulge at L2-3 and L5-S1 Dr recommends discectomy of L4-5 but won't do surgery until cervical is stable
8/2014- 8 months/3 rounds of appeals, Aetna denies 2 level cervical ADR
2 level ADR w/ mobi-c C5-7 Jan 7, 2015
Old 03-08-2016, 08:41 PM

Thanks Kelly4ADR- as you'll note I added a bit more background to my signature. I'm hopeful that I'll get total relief at some point. Currently my neck pain is all gone (I couldn't turn my head to the right without great difficulty and more than a little pain -also tingling/numbness going down my back/scapula) and I have pretty much full ROM back in the neck. The only place where its slow is the hands, but given how long this had been going on I'm not surprised it's taking this long and since I still get better every week -albeit slowly - I'm hopeful the damage wasn't permanent.
-Diagnosed with osteoarthritis in hands back in 2007 (not osteoarthritis as it turned out)
Old 10-16-2018, 09:38 PM

Default Long time

Well, it's been a couple of years now and the pain in my hands finally went away in spring of 2017 with minor residual issues still occurring - mostly just some unnatural type feelings in my hands, but no pain, just a slight uncomfortableness at times when sleeping. I can at last sleep on my side again for several hours - it was getting difficult to sleep on my back all the time before the surgery. Still have some - just a little neck stiffness type issues once in a while (it just seems a little easier these days to put a kink in my neck - but hey, I am getting older and I was warned about my C3-C4 disc when I had the operation in Barcelona) but all in all I'm back to mountain biking, golfing, and kayaking without any problems. YEH.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:15 AM

Congratulations! They say nerves are some of the slowest healing tissue in the body. Hopefully you'll continue to get better and better as time goes on.

All the best to your continued recovery!
2017 - Blew out my back on leg-press. MRI showed L5-S-1 disc herniation and grade 1 retrolisthesis.
2018 - Successful ADR surgery with Dr. Rolando Garcia using the Activ-L implant.
2019 - In physical therapy for burning in feet, L4-L5 diffuse disc bulge and SI joint pain.
2020 - Getting better with one-on-one PT.

30 - Male - American