ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > International Assistance

International Assistance Any topics relating to traveling or communicating with international treatment locations are here.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:15 PM

Default Communication Problems With Dr. Clavel's Office

I know a number of you have pm'd me with a concern that Dr. Clavel has been so long in getting back to you.

Yolanda sent me an email yesterday to follow up with one she sent earlier in the week. One I never got. She then sent me another one yesterday saying they were waiting on my patient data sheet, which I sent them on the 20th.

I sent Yolanda an email telling her that with two missed emails (one each way), and other communication from people here on the forum about delays in responses, they might be having email issues.

She is looking into this, so please be patient (no pun intended) while they work this out. Hopefully they will get the issue resolved quickly.
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:56 PM

I had the same problem 2 weeks ago in that I never received an email that Yolanda sent.
*12/28/11 ESI L L4/L5 - 1/13/12 ESI R L4/L5 - 1/24/12 L SI joint capsule - 3/8/12 TPI - 3/23/12 L L5/S1 - 4/11/12 ESI caudal - 5/23/12 TPI - 7/10/12 Facet inj L3/L4, L4/L5, L5/S1
*9/12/12: 30 - DRX9000
*12/21/12 schedule. for L4/L5 fusion-CANCELLED 1/7/13
*7/16/2013: 3 level M6(S1-L3) w/ Dr. Bierstedt
Old 02-27-2013, 07:26 PM

Good to know.

In the meantime with every email we send we should ask for a confirmation of receipt with it. I will also ask Yolanda to do the same. That way if 48 hours go by and there is no receipt of confirmation, we, or she, will know the email never got there. I will send her an email to that effect now.
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:19 PM

Default Clavel

I'm having the same problems. Back and fourth bs. I ended up mailing everything only for them to tell me I have to send some other sheet to them?? Very frustrating.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:25 PM

Just make sure that with each email you send, you ask Yolanda to confirm she got it. She has agreed to this and is looking into the email issue.

My patient data sheet got lost, and they were waiting on it to show up before he decided what to do with my bottom level, but I didn't know they hadn't gotten it!

I know it's frustrating, but at least we have identified the issue, so we can work with it. Yolanda agreed to confirming every email, on both ends, while she is looking into it.

It's always easier once you know what is wrong. I'm sure she'll get this sorted out soon.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:35 PM

Thumbs down Clavel

Idk I feel like its a cluster**** over there. I've sent things 3 and 4 times only for them to tell me they can't find etc. so I spent 100 bucks to mail everything and now they still need some other form
Old 02-27-2013, 09:22 PM

I talked to Yolanda while i was over there a month ago. I did provide some feedback that in the United States people do expect responses rather quickly. She did understand. Just remember..she also is very busy everyday at Dr. Clavel´s office. She is not solely a patient contact for overseas patients. I think sometimes in our culture our expectations maybe way beyond what other cultures think is normal and right. Patience will be the key.

March 2011: Removal of previous M6 due to auto-fusing over implants. Fusion at C5-7 and new M6 ADRs at C4-5 and C7-T1 with Dr. Clavel

January 2013: Lumbar surgery with M6-L at L3-5 and single level BalanC at L2-3 with Dr. Clavel

Old 02-27-2013, 09:52 PM

Default Clavel

I agree she's super busy and we want everything now lol especially when we're in pain!!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbugsbunny View Post
I talked to Yolanda while i was over there a month ago. I did provide some feedback that in the United States people do expect responses rather quickly. She did understand. Just remember..she also is very busy everyday at Dr. Clavel´s office. She is not solely a patient contact for overseas patients. I think sometimes in our culture our expectations maybe way beyond what other cultures think is normal and right. Patience will be the key.
I agree. She sends me emails on the weekends, and at 11:30 at night! That is above and beyond as far as I am concerned!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer78 View Post
I agree she's super busy and we want everything now lol especially when we're in pain!!
Yeah. We Americans are a fussy, demanding lot.