ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 12-18-2004, 04:48 PM

How much sense this will make I don't know, so I apologise in advance!!!

I have been having trouble with my upper back since the summer. It is something to do with the trapezius muscle area. The problem is coming from the neck though, I found this out eventually after seeking a second opinion from a different physio.

I get pain in the neck, through to my right shoulder, sometimes down my right arm too. I occasionally get pain in 2 vertebrae just below the bra strap, they say that is cause that area is over working to compensate for the area the that isn't working.

I was doing not too bad, even after my last treatment I was feeling okish for just over 2 weeks after, then it was like someone flicked a switch the pain!!!

Now this is where I might confuse things. I had my treatment in the morning and then at lunchtime I was sitting in my lounge when two cars crashed outside my house. This was just over 3 weeks ago. One of the cars skidded towards my lounge where I was sitting, you can imagine the shock I got.

Thankfully it didn't come through the window and no-one was hurt, just have two messed up gardens to get sorted.

Now when I saw my physio the other day my neck was really bad, this was now 3 weeks since I had seen her, and had been fine up until a few days before. My physio felt it was no wonder that my neck was so bad after what I had been through. At the time I didn't think of it too much of it but now I am really wondering if she is onto something.

Could this be delayed reaction to the incident? It is 3 weeks now, surely it would have reacted before now? Could I have jerked myself at the time and not really be aware of it and now I am feeling the affects of it? I feel it might be delayed reaction as I have been reacting in other ways till now, have been so stressed, been suffering nightmares etc....

Although my treatment the other day has taken the edge off butI am still in a lot of pain. I really think I am going to have to try and get some more treatment before Christmas.

I am just struggling to make sense of it all. Plus we are having to make a claim against the driver/s for the garden and now my dad is wondering if we should be claiming for traumatic stress for me.

Let me know your thoughts, see if I can make sense of things.

Cheers guys!!!!! x
Old 12-18-2004, 05:47 PM

Hi Sara,
This definately sounds like a "Stress related" thing post traumatic SD. If the insurance or motorists will pay I don`t know.

It sounds sooooo like TSD. Its a shame you had treatment just before this happened.

Also the stress maybe of having to go to court is NOT helping.

I would think you would just need to make a statement to the police and NOT have to appear in court. That is what the police are there for.

Chill out and try and relax.
Best wishes
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 12-18-2004, 08:31 PM

Unless person agrees to plead guilty to charges, a actual witness would likely be necessary. Police can testify as to what someone else said, but police making statement alone would not be sufficient for conviction in most courts.

That is why I tend to have follow very closely the criminal side of the auto accidents that my clients are involved in to make sure the State calls them in to Court. Without them there, the defense will have charges dismissed. Granted, smaller courts and other jurisdictions act differently, but in our high courts where most of these things end up, actual witness must be present.

Either way, in this case, it is likely that the person would plead guilty via mail in fine if applicable or possibly at arraignment and you would not be needed. Just an FYI to be aware of for yourself now and others in future.

Take care, bill

Old 12-19-2004, 09:19 AM

If someone drives into your garden through your wall - - I think they can only plead "Guilty" and if 2 do it as I understand happen - -doubly guilty maybe??????

I think you have got to "Chill Out" yes you have suffered by this -- -whatever happens I hope it causes you no more problems.

Bill this Young lady lives in Scotland. Different laws to England - -I am not familiar with them
Best
Alastair

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 12-19-2004, 01:10 PM

TSD??? What's that? Do you mean traumatic stress disorder?

I am the witness, it was my garden they destroyed and I saw it all happen. I gave an official statement to the police at the time.

Really what I am trying to work out is if my neck is reacting now to the stress I have been under? My physio just made a passing comment of "its not wonder your neck is bad" but I never thought anything of it at the time.

Now 3 days on my neck has not really improved from the treatment and am thinking maybe she is onto something.

It terms of compensation that was a passing thought my dad had, I have not given it much thought, but if my physio says my neck is worse cause of it then I could claim I guess, my own doctor would back the physio up. But like I say not my main thought at the mo.

Main thought is easing the pain, I really think I will need to call my physio tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:33 PM

ahh, I never tend to look at location of where people are writing from. My bad. Guess I should pay a little more attention.

Old 12-19-2004, 03:05 PM

Ah Bill, you wouldn`t know if you had not had some E mail conversations with this Young Lady. UK just is UK I suppose normally. Scotland has some different laws to England especially where property is concerned.

TDS is traumatic stress disorder with me
Best
Alastair

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 12-19-2004, 04:01 PM

Thought that's what you meant Alistair!
Old 12-22-2004, 07:43 AM

So I am seeing my physio later today, had to make another appointment no way I could carry on like this till after New Year.

Just to change tack a little. Do you find stress and axiety makes your pains worse?

I am starting to wonder if is is stress/anxiety that is making my pain worse and basically I am stressed dues to accident etc... and not knowing what is going to happen with that and getting everything sorted.

Reason I think this is I am very nauseous, and I get like that when I am anxious. At first I thought it was the pain that was making me nauseous but now am not sure.......

Cheers!

Oh and everyone take it easy on the Christmas preperations!!!!