ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Exclamation Obamacare: Wolf in Wolf's Clothing?

This man’s story is terrifying. If it’s true, Obamacare will turn out to be a ferocious power grab and shakedown of the American people. And a $14,000 deductible with $600 monthly premium?

Obamacare Fines to be Seized From Bank Accounts?

Man who attempted to sign up claims he was threatened with driver’s license being revoked, federal tax lien on home

Obamacare Fines to be Seized From Bank Accounts? Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 10-03-2013, 02:11 PM

While I trust Alex Jones with a grain of salt. I have been hearing the same stuff just different people and different amounts. I did some research on what mine would be and there is no way I could afford it. I could do the monthly premiums but not the deductible or other cost. My family and I lead a simple life and do our best to not splurge or live extravagant lives and we still are strapped, anymore due to increase cost of everything. We weren't planning on taking the government cheese anyways. My family will make it without help or interference from the government. I am currently unemployed and even refuse to take unemployment.

6 months of PT
2 Right SI joint injections
3 L5-S1 injections
6 facets injections
Old 10-04-2013, 12:04 AM

Big brother is watching and waiting to pick our pockets.
2010: Discogram & MRI - S1 - L2 Lumbar DDD
2011: MRI same. Quality of life issue. Wake up middle of night with leg pain often.
2013: MRI. Had enough. Ready for surgery.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:58 AM

One of the things I've learned in the political arena is that the probability that a claim is true is inversely proportional to how outrageous that claim is. While I still would tend to dismiss this gentleman's claims on those grounds, that is, they are simply too outrageous to be true, given the handful of genuinely outrageous things about the ACA that we've seen confirmed in the past year, I must confess that his alleged experience may not be outside the realm of possibility.
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011
Old 10-04-2013, 12:02 PM

Default Aca

(I did read that article, and also had an email from someone, to this affect, sickening, pensions, 401k's will be next, they will not stop)

This is Truly a Train Wreck.

This is just the final nail.

The people in DC have been putting in legislation for so long, most people think it is 'the way it should be'.

Look up the McCarren Ferguson Act.

If there were NO government, involved with medical care, we could probably get catastrophic insurance, for $75 per mo, and be able to go see a Dr (annual physical) for about $250.

80% of this insurance and fees, go into someone's pocket.

Believe it.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Administrator

From my post from FB below. I wonder if the legal definition of "coverage" includes the deductible. It should, right?! See the file attached, right from the ACA document.

The ACA law stipulates that a ACA subscriber should pay NO more than 8% of their gross HOUSEHOLD compensation for healthcare coverage. If in fact, that clause relates to this case, then Sheehan need not worry. This legal clause is from the government document I referenced above. The math: $597 x 12 = $7164 $60,000 = 11.94%. There is the distinct possibility that the IRS "sees" much more income than this story reported; in which case, Big Brother really is watching you. Very carefully.
Attached Thumbnails
ACA Cost Excemption.jpg  
Old 10-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Jerry, good point, and thanks for the mention of that act:

McCarran–Ferguson Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was interesting news for me.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Default Sticker Shock

Exclusive: Many Americans Suffering Sticker Shock: Is Obamacare Really Affordable?

Exclusive: Many Americans Suffering Sticker Shock: Is Obamacare Really Affordable? | Ben Swann Truth In Media

As directed, they searched on the exchanges, and to their surprise, they found worse coverage for more money. He writes, “MNSure [the State of Minnesota health insurance exchange] was able to find us 1 plan (had to change the date to 2014 just to get that!). 1 PLAN. The rate? $555.81 with a $6,000 DEDUCTIBLE. MORE than 3X what we were paying for a WORSE PLAN! And no, we are not eligible for any tax deductions, and NO we are not rich. In fact we have budgeted nearly every dollar we make to paying off debt BEFORE this happened!”
Old 10-10-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Hawley View Post
a lot of people thought that Obamacare would take from the rich and give to the poor. In reality it’s taking money from people who don’t have extra money and causing all sorts of problems. This is the first time that I ever felt robbed in my life!
You know Harrison, this comment from the article you cited typifies what I believe allows things like the ACA to happen. Mr Hawley seems to be OK with the government confiscating someone elses wealth to give to the poor, but thinks it's robbery for the government to confiscate his wealth to give to the poor.

I'm not sure what ACA supporters thought was going to happen.
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011
Old 10-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Unhappy

Jeff, I don't disagree with what you are saying; but I understand the principle of concern. The ugly truth is that millions of Americans don't want healthcare socialized. As the ACA looks now -- I am against it. I don't think we "should pass a bill to see what's in it" as Nancy Pelozi famously said.

And millions of others are against the notion of paying for illegal citizens healthcare as well. This is a very polarizing issue.

I am against it for myriad reasons: it is poorly written, overly complicated, poorly executed, allows bureaucrats to opt out and full of way too many "gotchyas" that are hitting the middle-class (make that: lower middle class, middle class and upper middle class) right in the wallet. This is exactly what America does NOT need now!

For those of you that are doing well, you and your employer may be hit with additional taxes -- so-called Cadillac taxes. Another little surprise...with many more to come. If you have five minutes, see:

Obamacare Q&A: Will my plan skyrocket? How will the unemployed pay?

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...4081.htmlstory

For what it's worth, I do support an efficient, well-executed program, such as the ones in N. Europe, but especially in Taiwan. These governments have political bodies that are more cohesive and arguably more effective in crafting medical policies.