ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJames View Post
Correct as usual, Harrison. I just heard back from my PC doc and he's referring me to a urologist. He wants me to get an appointment by the end of next week at the latest. Just thought I'd let you know you were correct. I also wanted you to know that I haven't completely quit in my attempts to quit smoking. Terrible timing though .....
I too am taking the Chantix and trying to quit smoking...two days without smoking and doing well. Hope it goes well for you too1
PT, Traction, MRIs, CT Scan, Epidural Injections, Discogram
Herniated disc at L4-L5, spinal stenosis
Slight DDD and bulging discs at T6-8
Surgery June 12, 2009 - Scheduled for ADR, ended up with Fusion
Old 02-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Default Nice effort!

Way to go, Rachel. It sems like Chantix is a real winner for some people, not so for others. Keep us posted on your progress. James, hope your latest efforts are positive too!

BTW: some of you know that I look into all kinds of alternative remedies, so it should come as no surprise that I've been reading about energy medicine for several years. One company, Ondamed, offers a very sophisticated approach to smoking cessation. I won't bore you with the details, so check out this link for a few studies, one for pain management too:

http://www.ondamed.net/publications_studies.php

I've heard that the effectiveness numbers for smoking cessation are crazy-high (approaching 100%) but I've not seen published numbers. James and others, if interested, maybe you could talk to some of the people here:

http://www.ondamed.net/testimonials.php#

Lastly, don't forget to see the "smoking" FAQ on this board below if you've not already read it. But I've digressed! James, let's go back to your Jan 26th post -- do you still have some burning questions from your original post?!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 02-27-2009, 12:35 PM

Default "It is what it is ..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Way to go, Rachel. It sems like Chantix is a real winner for some people, not so for others. Keep us posted on your progress. James, hope your latest efforts are positive too!

BTW: some of you know that I look into all kinds of alternative remedies, so it should come as no surprise that I've been reading about energy medicine for several years. One company, Ondamed, offers a very sophisticated approach to smoking cessation. I won't bore you with the details, so check out this link for a few studies, one for pain management too:

http://www.ondamed.net/publications_studies.php

I've heard that the effectiveness numbers for smoking cessation are crazy-high (approaching 100%) but I've not seen published numbers. James and others, if interested, maybe you could talk to some of the people here:

http://www.ondamed.net/testimonials.php#

Lastly, don't forget to see the "smoking" FAQ on this board below if you've not already read it. But I've digressed! James, let's go back to your Jan 26th post -- do you still have some burning questions from your original post?!
I feel that the changes in my health are related to my back issues. I've seen my PC doc, got an ultrasound, and went to a urologist. It seems that my new problems are either being caused by worsening back issues or the medications I am taking to manage those issues. So now I am on more medications for my new symptoms. Wonderful.

I still have my April 1st appointment with Dr. Yue (Neurologist, surgeon) at which time I plan to get his opinion on doing a hybrid surgery instead of the bi-level ADR, as I cannot wait for that any longer. Thank you ...
2008-Positive Disco (L4/L5&L5/S1 annular tears)
Herniated discs at L4/L5/S1, bulging T12
Began constant/severe neck & upper back pain 11/09
Jan 10-Cervical/Thoracic MRI:bone spurs+new disc probs
Cervical Spine issues causing terrible pain beginning in July 2021 - scheduled for 2 level C-Spine ADR on Oct 19th 2021 now!! Part of Clinical Trial so unsure if Mobi-C or Baguera C will be implanted ....
Old 03-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Question

James, you may want to talk with other New England patients who have visited Dr Yue for their perspective. Let us know how it goes...April Fools Day for a medical appointment with Dr. Yue?

Perhaps more pressing now (sorry for the sick pun), what is the latest on the uro-symptoms diagnostic?

Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate