ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:10 PM

I finally have my surgery Tuesday to fuse L5-S1 and do ADR at L3-L4 and L4-L5. It doesn't seem real yet. I am afraid I will get a call Monday or 5 minutes before, like some, and they will say nevermind. No point in worrying about something you can't control I guess!

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone for the info I have gleaned from them and the shoulder to lean on, even if only a virtual shoulder. I have already quit caffeine and will begin a semi-liquid diet on Saturday!

Thanks again for the support I have gotten, many posters may not realize that even though they may not get feedback from every member, a lot of people read and get so much from this forum and the individual posts.

(I am sending a check to Harrison tomorrow!)

Feeling great!
Old 09-15-2005, 03:15 PM

Juli I have had the same surgery but in different order. Very well worth it and I am sure you will be happy with the outcome as I am. I do have some nerve damage, but currently on 1800mg of nerontin and that takes the pain away so I guess with this I am totally pain free. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Judy
ADR L5/S1
Diagnosed with Arachnoiditis 11/06
Old 09-15-2005, 06:21 PM

Congratulations! For those of us who advocated to have surgery it is such a positive vibe to take into surgery. It sounds like you are preparing well, physically and emotionally. I'll be thinking of you next Tuesday.

Best wishes!
http://www.myspace.com/luvmysibe
http://www.xanga.com/luvmysibe
"A smile is contagious, be a carrier ."
Old 09-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Banned

Juli,

Though I now have a new date, December 2nd in Germany, I was one of those last minute (11 days) cancellations. For me, I now realize things happen for a reason.

I'm sure you'll do great and I wish you a speedy and uncomplicated recovery.

Dale
Old 09-15-2005, 10:02 PM

Juli,

I'm interested in your pre-surgery diet. I'm having 2 level ADR 10/04; the info I was sent from the doc just said no food or drink after midnight, no other restrictions.

Steve
Old 09-16-2005, 05:05 AM

Is your insurance company covering the surgery? If so which one? Any information you can provide me would be great. Mine did not but I can still appeal.

than you

Judy Viola
ADR L5/S1
Diagnosed with Arachnoiditis 11/06
Old 09-16-2005, 05:54 AM

Hi Juli,
Good luck with the surgery and do come back and tell us how you are getting on
Best
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 09-16-2005, 09:46 AM

Thanks everyone for their good wishes and support. I am just doing what I do and trying not to worry about it to much. Finances are tough as I have to give them 20K up front but as long as nothing unexpected (figure the odds) pops up I should be okay there too. Just another worry.

Steve, in regards to the diet, there have been many postings by people recovering from surgery stating that bowel issues can be pretty painful. I guess what with all that moving of the stomach and organs around, your system pretty much shuts down for a few days. Which means anything in there stays there until it starts back up (BACK UP, if you get my drift). A lot of people have had some real "issues" (to put it delicately) and with the incision and all, you don't need extra pain and strain in that area. So, a lot of people try to stay away from solid foods a few days before the surgery and even take ex lax a couple days before to empty out as much as possible.
I plan on avoiding meat completely starting Saturday and trying to eat as light as possible.

I am all for less pain!

I will start a post op thread once I am able to get back online!

Thanks again to everyone!

Feeling great!
Old 09-16-2005, 12:27 PM
Banned

Juli... 9/20 is the best day for spine surgery... my 3-year anniversary. I wish you even more success than I've had!!!

Mark
Old 09-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Banned

Juli,
don't think I could say anything more than Mark just did in terms of success~ best wishes and will look forward to all you have to say w/regard to upcoming surgery/surgery/recovery!
take care~ Maria