ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Default Please help a fellow spiney with a dream!

Posted for Stephanie, please read and help her by making a few clicks of the mouse....

My name is Stephanie, and I had an artificial disc replacement in July 2006 at the McGill U. Hospital Center (Maverick at L4-L5, Dr. P Jarzem). I've long been in contact with Richard the founder of the ADR Support Forum … a tremendous help to me before and after surgery.

I used to spend my days in pain and mostly bed-ridden, and now, thanks to this wonderful gizmo in my spine, I have a new lease on life! I'm a Thai massage and Yoga instructor, I became a swim instructor, I haven't needed pain-killers in years, and now it's time to do something super-awesome!

Tourism Queensland is holding a contest to hire a caretaker on HamiltonIsland in the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Australia. Over 17,000 candidates have applied, and your votes (stars) can get me the Best Job in the World, by helping me make my way to the short listed semi-finalists.

Please click here, vote for me (gimme stars!), and then forward this email to your friends and anyone you know!
http://www.islandreefjob.com/#/applicants/watch/hpAjB3FE9l4

You can also watch the extended (unedited 3-minute) version on my YouTube page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJezoeBeYOg
(No point in voting there, though...)

If you'd like to know more about me, what I do, and my amazing recovery thanks to the Maverick artificial disc, you can click here http://www.goldenthaiyoga.com/stephaniegolden.html

If you are an ADR candidate, or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to write to me. I'm not a doctor, but I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about my experience with ADR.

Thanks again, and don't forget to gimme stars!!

Sincerely,
Stephanie Golden
Reborn June 25th, 2004, L5-S1 ADR Charite in Boston
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate