ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:16 AM

Default Sleeping

Werdnlr
I am so happy that you are on the other side! Welcome! I hope you continue to heal well.

I agree with the Ambien or something to help you sleep. It seems sleep is the best "pain medicine" out there! Walking is really good before bed too.

Do you have a body pillow? I use it for under my knees while on my back and in between my knees on my side.. just suggestions.

Good luck

Beth
Chiropractics, Ortho, PT, surgeon to neurologist to new surgeon.
6 years chronic pain and newer spasms.
MRI's, CT's, EMG, ESI's.
S1 nerve root deviation
Positive DDD L5-S1 discogram VAS 8/10
7.14.09 Signed up for Clinical Trial at TBI
for either a Prodisc-L or Freedom Lumbar Disc
Surgery: October 1st 2009
Recieved Prodisc-L
04-2010 Rhizotomy
12-2010 Rhizotomy #2
Old 10-25-2009, 01:54 AM

Default Hello all

Well today is week 3. the last two weeks were a living hell. I contracted the flu right after surgery so when I got home I immidialtly began pukig and diarria for 9 days straight. I was so sick. Once I could get out of bed my wife took me to the ER and they said I had Chronic hip pain...duh. So the next day I went to the Reno VA Hospital. I receiced excellent care and compassion. I had gone into organ failure becuase of dehydration. I spent 11 hours there with my wife and mother getting tubes and needels rammed into my just to force fulids. The did a five scan MRI W and W/O Contract. Blood cultures the works. I felt good until the next morning so I high tailed ti over to my surgeons office. Spoke with his PA and she was so quick to diogonse C Reactive bacterial infection, severe narcotic withdraws and centeral nervous shut down. She gave me some pillls and advice and I haven't feelt better. I spent 7 hours outside today helping the kids work around the house so I am a little tightened up tonight but I will live through it. Piece of advise . Follow your dr. instructions until you dont feel like yoursel. then call