ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:21 AM

Lightbulb Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP); Federally Subsidized Insur.

Hi gang,

The link below is for The Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP), a federally-subsidized insurance plan in certain states. If your state isn't listed, it's supposed to have it's own such plan; probably better. This is a part of the healthcare reform act. I think it's supposed to last until 2014, or whenever it is that insurance cos. can no longer discriminate against those with pre-existing conditions.

PCIP - Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan - Home

I personally cannot guarantee that they will cover ADRs, but at least when I called them they said they would. I'm sure it has to be an FDA-approved ADR. And I have no idea if they'd pay to go out of country. Since it seems to be sort of like Medicare, seriously doubt they'd pay for surgery abroad.

As for me, I'm hoping to get further diagnosis soon to see if I need S.I. joint fusion, if I can get by with just that for awhile, and wait for the Freedom Disc or M6 Disc to be approved state-side.

If any knows or finds out anymore about PCIP, please share.
Plan: Trying to see spine surgeon at charity hospital, further diagnosis. Evaluate for S.I. joint fusion and lumbar and cervical fusions/ADR.