ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 08-10-2008, 07:54 PM

Has anybody been able to find pros and cons for this procedure?

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct/show/NCT00401518

A little over one more year for its completion.

Prodisc St. Mary's 12/2006 not diagnosed properly pre-op and now have DDD L4/L5, facet calcification L5-S1/L4-L5, mild scoliosis and left knee pain. DDD: C3 through C6
Old 08-11-2008, 03:45 AM

They did well at SAS. The system isn't applicable at L5-S1 but TFAS has systems that are also doing well and can be used at L5-S1.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 08-11-2008, 02:41 PM

I don't understand what SAS is. I also can't find any info as to their efficacy at L5S1. Where did you find that info?

thanks for reponding.

Prodisc St. Mary's 12/2006 not diagnosed properly pre-op and now have DDD L4/L5, facet calcification L5-S1/L4-L5, mild scoliosis and left knee pain. DDD: C3 through C6
Old 08-11-2008, 06:12 PM

We got the information because Laura regularly talks with them, Medicine Lodge is about a 1/2 hour away from us, but she said that the information is on their website. SAS is the Spine Arthroplasty Society. Laura attended this past one in Miami, as did Richard, and paid particular attention to the facet replacements.

SAS is expensive and generally outside of the US but it, and a few other conferences, tend to be the best place to pick up status information about new devices. A cheaper way of doing the research is to look through the abstracts or do some very careful reading of intended presentations and only see those that you're really interested in.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 08-15-2008, 10:28 AM

Hi Zorro,
Thank you for posting on Facets...and the link. I have been dx as having severe facet degeneration and is 80% of my pain. So I'm looking for all options.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:02 PM

wow grumpy it sounds like you were run over by a contruction vehicle??!

please keep us up to date on what you discover. I'll do my best here too.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:51 AM

Hi Zorro,
We don't know why I'm having spine problems. I'm only 53, the youngest of 3 girls, and no one in my family are having spine problems, and my oldest sis is even obese. I'm thin. I've had some bike accidents, and got hit by a car on my bike, but nothing that put me in the hospital. My OSS says that this happens with age, but I don't know of anyone my age having these problems. I'm wondering if it is because I was the 3rd baby in 5 years, and was a breech birth. I've had neck problems back in HS, and had a reverse lorodoses. My back and neck problems started showing up at 27. The thought of going thru this the rest of my life really depresses me-not only the pain, but the PAIN of dealing with the doctors!