ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:43 PM

Default Medi-Cal = Medi-Hell

I just qualified to receive this state sponsored insurance, but I am quickly finding out that almost nobody accepts it in Los Angeles. According to my spine surgeons office, it's an HMO plan and spine doctors here stay clear away from such plans.

The people at Medi-Cal won't help me find a doctor in their plan, and I've call all hospitals regarding spine surgeons and nobody except for a couple of people at the USC medical center accept it. To top that off, USC medical center seems to only have qualified surgeons and spine doctors that perform old therapies.

Prodisc St. Mary's 12/2006 not diagnosed properly pre-op and now have DDD L4/L5, facet calcification L5-S1/L4-L5, mild scoliosis and left knee pain. DDD: C3 through C6