ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 12-16-2005, 07:54 AM

Hello I'm Kanutta from Norway! I have been lurking around on this board for a while now. Lot's of good information here!

I did send a mail to Pro-Spine's patient contact ( dr. Bertagnoli) some days ago, but haven't heard anything yet.

I have degenerative disc disease C4-6, with foraminal stenosis at C6.

The last 4 years I have " survived " on steroid injections, I have had 3 and don't get anymore of them ( due to potential dangerous adverse effects, arachnoiditis among others I guess )

I see there are people here with similar diagnosis as myself that have had successfull ADR surgery.

They have started clincal trials with Cervical ADR in Norway, but I don't meet the inclusion criteria.

I have tried a lot of conservative treatment, without not much success. Have also been doing
" neck-training " for 6 months.

My neurosurgeon offered me a fusion last year
( titanium cage ), but I hesitated.

I tried medial branch blocks in october to see if facet joints also are a source of pain. But my disc and nervepain is the most dominant, so I don't really know if I have facet issues. They are definetely not my main problem, so much I could tell from the facet blocks.

Well, just wanted to introduce myself properly.

I am a nurse, and have also worked as a french teacher. 45 years old, married to a scientist, 2 children.

I have not been working the last year, due to increasing pain.

So I think it's time to do something about my problem, and hoping to start a process with Dr.Bertagnoli.

If I am a candidate, that is.

Hoping to get in touch with other " cervies " here.

Hugs
Kanutta
Old 12-16-2005, 08:32 AM

Hi Kanutta & Welcome to our forum!

I am not a cervical patient but I do know what it is like to work as a nurse and deal with spine pain issues. I also had Dr. Bertagnoli as my surgeon for my lumbar issues. So far so good.

Lots of information to absorb here. The rest of the members should be along shortly to introduce themselves and offer support.
Dr. Bertagnoli May 22, 2004 Rudolfinerhaus Vienna, Austria.
Currently DRUG FREE and living life again!
Knowledge is Power!!!
Old 12-16-2005, 03:44 PM

Hi Kanutta,
Its good to have you here and you are just a short distance from the UK. Dr B is a wizard with cervical problems, sorry you didn`t fit your own countries criteria.

Maybe use the "Search facility" (top Right Hand side)for more info.

There is 14 months worth of information here. I went to Dr Zeegers but mine was a lumbar problem
Best
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 12-16-2005, 08:27 PM

Hi Kanutta:
Dr. B. is the best.

A wonder-worker.

Good luck!
Old 12-18-2005, 02:24 PM

Thank you for the welcome. I don't know how long it will take before I get an answer from Bogen.
I feel pretty much alone here in Norway, it's a small country, and not many spine surgeons around.
I have had to educate myself.

The attitude in Norway is that training is the answer to everything. I feel that the doctors don't have knowledge of cervical problems.

The international research of the cervical spine is 10 years behind the lumbar ( so I have read in the Spine Journal )

Well..it is nice to be here. I read English better than I write..so you have to bear over with me.

I see there are a lot of people here with good knowledge of anatomy, it is essential to the understanding of own disease.

I've noticed that there are almost no reports on Cervical ADR outcomes..the dominance is lumbar.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:25 PM

HI Kanutta:
re: Cervical ADR
Look for:
Tim Battle: *** website
Cristy Beckwith (search ADR Support)
Jenni-4
6 level cervical
http://www.adrsupport.org/private-cg...t_topic;f=1;t=

Dr.'s
Bertagnoli
Regan